TSYS (Total System Services, Inc.) makes it possible for millions of people to make paperless payments safely and securely. Recognized as the market leader, we provide electronic payment services to financial institutions and companies around the globe. We work behind the scenes to offer unmatched flexibility, control and service quality to our customers through a broad range of innovative issuing and acquiring payment technologies, including consumer–finance, credit, debit, healthcare, loyalty, prepaid, chip and mobile payments.
TSYS global headquarters is located in Columbus, Georgia, with local offices spread across the Americas, EMEA and Asia–Pacific. TSYS serves more than 300 clients worldwide, including relationships with more than half of the top 20 global banks.
The people of TSYS are respected around the world for the spirit of true partnership — they invest in every relationship and business decision. We bring passion to the world of payments.
Director of Lifecycle Marketing Automation and Operations-91530
NetSpend a Tsys Company is seeking a Director of Lifecycle Marketing Automation and Operations.
The role of the Director – Lifecycle Marketing is to plan, execute, manage, and deliver complex lifecycle marketing initiatives within the Lifecycle Marketing Tools (Teradata Platform) used by NetSpend, according to strict deadlines and within budget. The role will serve as both a “service provider” to the different lines of business as well as being responsible for managing a team of direct reports that will perform test and roll out methodologies (i.e. champion/challenger) and leverage analytics to help inform tactics and strategies for cardholder lifecycle marketing and education efforts. Successful efforts will impact both revenue and expenses for the different lines of business within NetSpend. This role also requires close work with senior management and line of business leaders to support the implementation of their lifecycle strategies as well as sharing best practices across all lines of business. This role will also manage the outward communications to cardholders through the use of the following tools (IVR, SMS, eMail, Letters, agent scripting), as it relates to lifecycle management efforts.
- Direct and manage lifecycle marketing team, lifecycle tools, and communications channels.
- Work on and/or responsible for a significant number of cross-functional and highly complex business analysis, communication strategies, general management tasks.
- Define and document tactics and strategies, scope, goals and deliverables that support business goals in collaboration with senior management and stakeholders.
- Leverage data to inform and drive key decisions.
- Employ test and rollout methodologies to drive continuous improvement.
- Manage the identification, resolution and escalation of risks and issues.
- Identify and manage key dependencies and critical path.
- Create communications and department tracking of efforts and results and distribute information as appropriate.
- Set and continually manage expectations with team members and other stakeholders.
- Personally and proactively deliver difficult/urgent/controversial messages to key stakeholders before mass communication is distributed.
- Coach, mentor, motivate and supervise project members, and influence them to take positive action and accountability for their assigned work.
- Develop and sustain cooperative working relationships with immediate team members.
- Develop and sustain a network of working relationships outside of immediate team members with thought-leaders in the company.
- Lead proactively and passionately while practicing and fostering respectful interaction, transparency and accountability.
- Identify personal career goals and work with management to achieve them.
- 5+ years of experience managing and successfully delivering lifecycle marketing initiatives.
- Bachelor's Degree in Business Administration, Computer Science, or Information Technology preferred.
- Expert level capability and understanding of lifecycle marketing.
- 5+ years experience in inbound and retention marketing (marketing campaign execution and measurement, triggered lifecycle event campaigns, drip campaigns, etc.)
- 3+ years experience with Teradata multi-channel campaign management tools (or similar, B2C-focused platforms) preferred.
- Expert level understanding of CRM, marketing automation, email, and messaging platforms
- Expert level understanding of the marketing sales/lifecycle and associated workflow processes
- Ability to author technical specifications based on business requirements
- Superior analytical skills and experience with reporting and analytics
- Expert facilitation, collaboration, communication and presentation skills.
- Expert ability to influence and motivate others.
- Expert customer focus, organizational agility and drive for results.
- Expert ability to train others on utilizing standard and newly created processes.
- Excellent analytical skills.
- Experience managing and delivering multiple, simultaneous, complex projects.
- Experience operating in fast paced, rapidly changing environment.
- Comfortable wearing many hats and allowing the job description to fluctuate when needed.
- Proficient with MS Office Tools (e.g., Outlook, Word, Excel, Project, PowerPoint, Visio).
- Working knowledge of HTML and CSS a plus.
- Knowledge of financial services industry a plus.
- As provided in NetSpend's Background Check policy, eligible candidates may be subject to drug, criminal history, and credit checks, which will be conducted and used in accordance with applicable local, state, and federal laws.
Primary Location: US-Texas-Austin
Organization: NetSpend Corporation
Recruiter: LaVonne Sheets
privacy and protection
, when applying to a job online:
Never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide
credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary
Learn More >>
By applying to a job using CareerBuilder.com you are agreeing to comply with
and be subject to the CareerBuilder.com
Terms and Conditions
for use of our website. To use our website, you
must agree with the
Terms and Conditions
and both meet and comply with their provisions.