As a Company comprising expert educators and highly motivated business people, Education Management Corporation (EDMC) offers a diverse range of employment opportunities for qualified individuals. Staff at the Company’s headquarters in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania are employed in corporate-level capacities of finance and accounting, audit, student financial aid, human resources, legal, advertising and marketing, education, general management, admissions, real estate, procurement, and information systems. EDMC schools are located in many major cities in the United States and employ individuals in positions that directly facilitate the education of our students and the services that support those students. We always put students first and we’re proud of the commitment we share to their success. For more than 40 years, Education Management Corporation schools have provided the career-focused education that has helped our students enjoy a higher degree of both professional and personal success. That commitment to the success of our students is the common thread that joins our schools, along with our focus on fostering well-rounded graduates who care about the world around them and make real contributions to their communities. Headquartered in Pittsburgh, Education Management Corporation is one of the area’s largest and fastest-growing employers—and is among the largest providers of private post-secondary education in North America in terms of student enrollment and revenue. We’re a growing company based on strong principles and a successful history. But perhaps more importantly, we’re a company that’s poised for a successful future as a national leader in for-profit education
The Product Manager is responsible to design, implement and manage on an on-going basis the student web experience that reflects the EDMC brand positions in addition to supporting the inquiry, application, new student targets, per student acquisition cost, student retention rates, student affordability, and student service goals of each of the assigned educational entity or platform. The Product Manager serves as a liaison between the Student Experience and Innovation team and other cross functional teams. The Product Manager will be responsible to develop and hold a thorough understanding of all elements and processes associated with the student end to end life-cycle process. The candidate for this position approaches his/her work with a “game changing” attitude; with a desire to make a true impact in the educational space.
Incumbent must assure that the EDMC philosophy: quality services to clients; development, growth, involvement, and recognition of employees; sound economic principles; and environment which is conducive to innovation, positive thinking and expansion - is considered in carrying out the duties and responsibilities of this position.
Key Job Elements:
- In collaboration with own and cross-functional teams, provides strategic insight on the use of emerging technology to achieve student recruitment goals, drive marketplace differentiation, improved student outcomes, and operational efficiency for South University.
- Manage and implement production of proof of concepts, rapid prototypes and pilots, the measurement of their effectiveness, and the operationalization of successful prototypes and pilots into repeatable processes and productions via business process optimization, requirements definition, and oversight of implementation
- Effective use of the web for student experience. Develop and manage scope, resources and project plans to deliver appropriate web solutions in collaboration with own, cross-functional teams, vendors and business partners.
- Ensure the product vision and roadmap is articulated through the organization up to the Executive Leadership and that they are in alignment for assigned EDMC School(s).
- Web strategy development including ensuring the differentiated brand position comes to life through our websites and supports a consistent, scalable web-based end to end student experience. Assists in the creation of web environments to support the student exeperience goals and provide automation that supports growth and scale to the organization.
- Work with data analysts. Assists academic, brand, marketing and operational teams to identify trends and opportunities via data analysis.
- Ensures the accuracy, compliance, and freshness of the web content of the end to end student experience
- Provide input to user experience, student communication products, design, business requirements, and technology solutions for current student, faculty, and staff for assigned EDMC School(s).
Product (Web) Strategy Director
Product Managers, Business Partners, Vendors, Cross-functional teams
- Minimum Bachelor’s degree in IT, Business, Marketing or similar field required with a concentration in eCommerce or web preferred.
- 8+ years experience with student recruitment, marketing, or operations delivered through Web environment preferred.
- Knowledge and application of project management principles.
- Understanding of website performance management and analytics.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and organizational skills.
- Customer service-oriented.
- Must be a self-starter with a can-do attitude, requiring no direct supervision for day to day workload.
- Excellent research skills, analytical skills and detail orientated.
- Superior organization, prioritization, and self motivatation skills.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Strong interpersonal skills with student and staff populations.
- Superior organization, prioritization, and self-motivation skills.
- Strong computer skills. MS Office Suite.
- Academic or education space background.
- Organizational process improvement experience.
- Ability to interact effectively as either a leader or as a member of a team and work collaboratively with other departments.
- Ability to listen to customers (e.g. staff, etc.) and to understand and respond positively to their requests.
- Ability to adapt to changing assignments and multiple priorities.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and successfully meet deadlines.
|For your privacy and protection, when applying to a job online:|
Never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction. Learn More >>
By applying to a job using CareerBuilder.com you are agreeing to comply with and be subject to the CareerBuilder.com Terms and Conditions for use of our website. To use our website, you must agree with the Terms and Conditions and both meet and comply with their provisions.
- Company:Education Management Corporation
- Contact:Not Available
- Location:Pittsburgh, PA 15222
- Base Pay:N/A
- Employee Type:Full-Time
- Industry:Education - Teaching - Administration
- Manages Others:Not Specified
- Job Type:Management
- Req'd Education:4 Year Degree
- Req'd Experience:Not Specified