Lead Valet Parking Attendant - UT Southwestern Medical Center
Get out from behind that desk and spend your days working in a rewarding team environment while making a difference in the lives of others!
Towne Park, one of America’s leading service organizations, is looking for people like you to help us enhance the patient experience. We are looking for caring, compassionate service professionals to provide assistance to patients, visitors and staff throughout their visit.
Work flexible hours that fit your schedule, be eligible to receive health benefits and build lasting relationships while you gain the service and management insight essential to growing your career. In fact, 90% of our managers began their Towne Park careers serving patients!
For over 25 years, Towne Park has been serving hospitals, hotels and casinos coast to coast – from Annapolis to Anaheim – so you’ll always have a place to work no matter where life takes you!
At Towne Park, we value workforce diversity and encourage everyone to apply.
Are you Driven to Serve®?
The Hospital Valet Parking Attendant provides exceptional services to patients and visitors in an attentive, friendly and efficient manner. In this key role, you will be responsible for parking and retrieving patient and visitor vehicles in a prompt yet safe manner and assisting patients and visitors upon arrival and departure from the hospital.
Some of the main duties of a Hospital Valet Parking Attendant include, but are not limited to:
• Maintaining pleasant, friendly and professional demeanor with all patients, visitors, co-workers and clients.
• Acknowledging, greeting and welcoming patients and visitors to the location, using appropriate Towne Park protocols.
• Running at top speed to park and retrieve vehicles and driving slowly and cautiously.
• Assisting patients and visitors with directions and other inquiries as needed.
• Explaining parking rates and retrieval procedures to patients and visitors upon arrival.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
• Must be able to read and write standard English language
• Must be able to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to guests, clients and other employees
• Must be able to perform basic math in relation to American money, understand rates applicable to time passed and understand 24 hour and military time systems
Physical Demands & Work Environment:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Regularly required to run; stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; balance; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; talk and hear
• Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus
• Must be able to lift and/or move up to 50 pounds frequently and up to 75 pounds occasionally. Must be able to push and pull 75 pounds frequently and 100 pounds occasionally.
• Must be able to push and pull (on wheelchair) 100 to 350 pounds frequently over considerable distance
Working flexible schedules and extended hours are sometimes required.
• HS or equivalent, OR 1-3 months related experience and/or training, OR equivalent combination of education and experience
• Must be able to perform parallel parking and must be able to drive manual transmission
• Must have and maintain a valid driver’s license and clean driving record
• For insurance purposes, must be at least 18 years of age and be able to pass a criminal background and drug screen
Towne Park began its history of hospitality service in 1987 with one hotel in Annapolis, Maryland. After two decades of proven service and industry-leading solutions, more than 400 properties across the nation entrust Towne Park with their most valuable assets-their guests and patients.
Since founder and CEO Jerry South officially incorporated Towne Park in 1988, its service-minded associates and results-driven processes have consistently met industry challenges and changes. With strategic acquisitions, the company has grown, adding new markets and service sectors. In 2005, Towne Park acquired MediPark Valet, extending its presence in Texas. In 2008, Towne Park acquired Mile Hi Valet Service, making the company the national leader of hospitality staffing and parking solutions. In 2009, Towne Park acquired Avascend Healthcare Hospitality, launching its enterprise into the healthcare sector. Most recently in 2011, Towne Park acquired Quality Parking Service of Los Angeles, CA expanding our California presence.