The Art Institutes, with more than 45 locations in North America, is an important source of design, media arts, fashion, and culinary arts professionals.
The Art Institutes offer culinary arts curricula at more than 30 of The Art Institutes locations. The Art Institutes offers a broad range of programs and graduates are employed by companies and organizations of all types and size, including some of the most prominent companies in the United States, such as MTV, Time Warner, AT&T, Home Depot/EXPO Center, Lockheed Martin, Nordstrom, Nintendo of America, Walt Disney & Affiliates, Marriott, Yahoo Broadcast Services, Ernst & Young, Microsoft, Ford Motor Company, and the Fox Entertainment Group.
Everything we wear, watch, and listen to was inspired by a creative person with a passion for new ideas. It’s that passion that drives the students and instructors at The Art Institutes. We offer a dynamic, creative work environment for our faculty and staff - a team dedicated to providing an excellent educational experience and to the success of our students. Our faculty has the best tools possible for delivering the rigorous, career-focused, learner-centered education for which The Art Institute is known. Our staff enjoys an open, team-based work environment where performance is rewarded and staff development highly valued. Together, we all demonstrate our commitment to our mission in everything we do!
The Art Institute of Austin is currently identifying qualified candidates for the position of Program Cooridnator for Math and Science. Candidates must have a master's degree in math, applied sciences or physics to be considered. Official transcripts will also be required upon interview.
The role of the Program Coordinator is to work with faculty and others at the program level to provide students with a high quality educational experience and a high level of student support and service. Incumbent must assure that the EDMC philosophy: quality services to clients; development, growth, involvement, and recognition of employees; sound economic principles; and environment which is conducive to innovation, positive thinking and expansion - is considered in carrying out the duties and responsibilities of this position.
Key Job Elements:
- Develop schedule of course offerings that meets student needs and that meets key metrics including: Average Registered Credits. Instructional Costs, Persistence, Student/Instructor Ratio.
- Recruit, manage, and mentor qualified faculty.
- Conduct ongoing faculty observations to improve instruction.
- Provide annual faculty evaluation.
- Work with faculty to resolve student issues.
- Foster student achievement, persistence, and success.
- Improve the student experience at the program level by assuring that the program exudes a culture of learning and excellence.
- Proactively work with students who are at risk of not performing to their potential.
- Work with academic advising and other departments to support student success related to the following: attendance, classroom performance, time to graduation.
- Assessment of Student Learning Outcomes
- Lead Student Learning Outcomes assessment for the program.
- Work with faculty to improve student outcomes by developing and implementing improvements to the delivery of instruction including assignments, learning materials, and instructional strategies.
- Teach a set number of courses as appropriate depending on program size
- Other duties as assigned
Academic Department Director or Dean as appropriate
Inside contact encompasses the entire range of personnel. Outside contacts may include community and professional leaders as well as other educators.
- Master’s degree in math, applied science or physics with a minimum of 3-5 years related experience.
- Held positions of increasingly responsible experience in the industry and/or Academic Affairs.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral.
- Strong interpersonal skills with faculty and students.
- Superior organization, prioritization, and self-motivation skills.
- Strong computer literacy skills with the Microsoft Office Suite.
- Ability to interact effectively as either a leader or as a member of a team and work collaboratively with other departments.
- Ability to listen to customers (e.g. staff, etc.) and to understand and respond positively to their requests.
- Ability to adapt to changing assignments and multiple priorities.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and successfully meet deadlines.
|For your privacy and protection, when applying to a job online:|
Never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction. Learn More >>
By applying to a job using CareerBuilder.com you are agreeing to comply with and be subject to the CareerBuilder.com Terms and Conditions for use of our website. To use our website, you must agree with the Terms and Conditions and both meet and comply with their provisions.