One of the world's leading biotechnology companies, Genzyme
is dedicated to making a major positive impact on the lives of people with serious diseases. Since its founding in 1981, the company has introduced breakthrough treatments that have provided new hope for patients. The company's areas of focus are rare genetic diseases, multiple sclerosis, cardiovascular disease and endocrinology. Genzyme is a Sanofi company.
Genzyme's press releases and other company information are available at http://cts.businesswire.com/ct/CT?id=smartlink&url=http://www.genzyme.com&esheet=6832281&lan=en-US&anchor=www.genzyme.com&index=3&md5=c27cf53da16c115b5bb11c7da11a06fa
, a global and diversified healthcare leader, discovers, develops and distributes therapeutic solutions focused on patients' needs. Sanofi has core strengths in the field of healthcare with seven growth platforms: diabetes solutions, human vaccines, innovative drugs, rare diseases, consumer healthcare, emerging markets and animal health. Sanofi is listed in Paris (EURONEXT: SAN) and in New York (NYSE: SNY).
Infusion Support Manager (ISM) – MS One to One
The Infusion Support Manager, MS One to One reports to the Director Infusion Support, MS One to One within the Patient and Provider Services team of the MS Business Unit. Position level (ISM, Senior ISM, Executive ISM) will be based on the experience of the identified candidate.
The Infusion Support Manager will play a key role in supporting the commercialization of Lemtrada, a new MS Therapy, by educating infusing healthcare providers (HCPs) and staff on the infusion process and Lemtrada’s Risk Evaluation and Mitigation Strategies (REMS) program. The ISM will collaborate with other members of the MS field team, including Area Business Managers and Regional Business Directors, Thought Leader Liaisons, Business Relations Managers, and others to support the needs of customers who are infusing Lemtrada. The ISM will be the local resource for information related to the logistics of infusing Lemtrada and enrolling in, and complying with, the REMS program. As a key member of the MS One to One team, the ISM will also serve as a local liaison to the MS One to One program and ensure the needs of the office, infusion site and patients are being met from a services perspective. The ISM will also be a local resource for delivering product patient and peer education programs.
The ISM is a field-based role which will report to a field-based Director based in either the East, Central or West region of the United States.
The overall objective of the Infusion Support team is to support HCPs, infusion sites and patients throughout the infusion process and to support compliance with the REMS program. This includes:
- Educating infusion sites and HCPs on the REMS requirements and enrolling them into the program
- Educating HCPs and infusion sites about the Lemtrada infusion process, including infusion logistics
- Educating patients about Lemtrada and the infusion process
- Collaborating with other members of the Genzyme field team to reach the overall objectives of the MSBU for our new MS therapy
- Utilizing Genzyme-approved resources, educates infusing HCPs on aspects of infusing Lemtrada, including safety and tolerability, handling/preparation, administration, infusion associated reactions (IARs), and pre-\post-infusion instructions
- Utilizing Genzyme-approved resources, educates infusing HCPs on the REMS program and enrolls Healthcare Facilities (infusion sites) into the program
- Inviting relevant infusion staff to nurse directed promotional programs
- Working closely with MS One to One, HCPs and infusion centers to ensure adherence to the REMS program
- Working closely with MS One to One, HCPs and infusion centers to clear obstacles related to patient infusions
- Ensuring the needs of the office and patients are being met from a MS One to One services perspective
- As needed, assisting with questions related to development or expansion of existing infusion site capacity, as well as identifying and resolving challenges with existing infusion sites
- Partnering with other MSBU resources, particularly MS field teams
- Delivering patient education resources to nurses and other office staff
- BA/BS Degree is preferred, a nursing or strong clinical background is desired
- Previous commercial and/or clinical experience with IV infusions is required
- Up to 80% travel is required within a territory
- Valid Driver’s License
- Previous MS and/or infusion experience strongly preferred
- 3-5 years previous experience in a field-based commercial or medical role in a pharmaceutical or biotech company desired
- Familiarity with reimbursement for infused therapies required
- Excellent cross-functional collaboration skills, including the ability to collaborate across functions in a field-based role
- Outstanding interpersonal skills, including building strong working relationships, and managing and resolving conflict.
- Demonstrates initiative, teamwork and accountability.
- Strong organizational skills and ability to adapt to change and react constructively in a high-energy and fast paced environment
- Familiarity with managed care and particularly “buy and bill” therapy strongly preferred
Follow Us on Twitter
Get Genzyme's latest news and updates about products, community relations, and other initiatives.
Genzyme has pioneered the development and delivery of transformative therapies for patients affected by rare and debilitating diseases for over 30 years. We accomplish our goals through world-class research, collaboration with the global patient community, and with the compassion and commitment of our employees. With a focus on rare diseases and multiple sclerosis, we are dedicated to making a positive impact on the lives of the patients and families we serve. Genzyme's portfolio of transformative therapies, which are marketed in countries around the world, represent groundbreaking and life-saving advances in medicine. As a Sanofi company, Genzyme benefits from the reach and resources of one of the world's largest pharmaceutical companies, with a shared commitment to improving the lives of patients.
Sanofi, an integrated global healthcare leader, discovers, develops and distributes therapeutic solutions focused on patients' needs. Sanofi has core strengths in the field of healthcare with seven growth platforms: diabetes solutions, human vaccines, innovative drugs, consumer healthcare, emerging markets, animal health and the new Genzyme.
Genzyme Corporation (a Sanofi company) and its U.S. affiliates are Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employers committed to a culturally diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status, or any other characteristics protected by applicable law.