Penn National Gaming has thrilled and entertained guests since 1971 when it all began as a horse racing venue. From a single race track, we have grown to be one of the nation’s largest gaming companies, operating properties that offer broad and diverse gaming and pari-mutuel wagering experiences. PENN is dedicated to becoming the undisputed leader in guest service by offering a Red Carpet experience for each and every guest.
Your daily responsibilities include:
- Operates assigned bank or window according to department and regulatory guidelines
- Completes all required shift paperwork according to internal control standards
- Counts down bank or window at end of each shift and reconciles to the draw amount
- Provides professional, courteous and sincere service to all guests
- Efficiently and accurately processes all pari-mutuel wagers
- Efficiently and accurately pays out winners
- Can explain the wagering rules and procedures to guests in a pleasant and friendly manner
- Presents oneself as a credit to the company and encourages others to do the same
- Responsible for providing exceptional Red Carpet Customer Service to all guests
To be successful in this position it will require the following skill set:
- High school diploma or equivalent
- General cashiering background or prior money handling experience preferred
- Must be able to read and write English fluently
- Good math skills (add, subtract, multiply and divide)
- Excellent customer relations skills
- Ability to learn and comply with department, property and regulatory policy and procedure
- Knowledge of tote system to place customer bets
- Efficiency and accuracy when entering guests wagers and paying out winners
- Ability to cooperate and work will with co-workers and other departments
- Variances within standards according to department variance policy
- Guest feedback – verbal and written comments
- Physically mobile with reasonable accommodations including ability to push, pull, carry and lift up to 25 lbs., and the ability to push, pull, reach, bend, twist, stoop, stack, crouch, kneel and balance when performing job duties in varying work areas such as confined spaces
Something to leave you with:
Penn National Gaming is more than you may realize. We have properties throughout the United States and Canada and are embarking on an aggressive growth mode. Our departments and areas of opportunity are ideal for just about any skill set. And our company-wide commitment to making sure our guests smile as much as we do means you’ll enjoy a fun working environment.
Now that you have read about who we are, here is your opportunity to see what we're about!
Equal Opportunity Employer
Penn National Gaming owns, operates or has ownership interests in gaming and racing facilities with a focus on slot machine entertainment. The Company presently operates twenty-nine facilities in nineteen jurisdictions, including Colorado, Florida, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Louisiana, Maine, Maryland, Mississippi, Missouri, Nevada, New Jersey, New Mexico, Ohio, Pennsylvania, Texas, West Virginia, and Ontario. In aggregate, Penn National's operated facilities feature approximately 36,800 gaming machines, 850 table games, 2,900 hotel rooms and 1.6 million square feet of gaming floor space.