Sr. Engineer Program Mgmt
Founded in 1969, Flextronics International Limited has grown into a $30 billion business and become one of the world’s leading Electronics
Manufacturing Services (EMS) providers that offers complete design, engineering, and manufacturing services to aerospace, automotive, computing,
consumer digital, industrial, infrastructure, medical and mobile OEM customers. With a network of facilities in 33 countries and an employee base of over
a 230,000 strong, Flextronics helps customers design, build, ship, and service electronics products worldwide.
This is a key leadership role focused on product and process development, developing clear communication channels and direction among cross-functional
teams and in-region product leadership. Candidate will be the primary channel for daily interaction between all teams and key project team leaders in
Milpitas and our design centers. Candidate will use experience in leading cross-functional, cross-boundary and cross-cultural teams to constructively
engage with team members to drive continuous improvement in the following areas: adherence to program schedules and compliance with Flextronics
Product Life Cycle (Flex PLC) milestones; focus on design-for-cost and other DFx disciplines; rapid resolution of technical challenges; identifying
and closing gaps in product costs; progression through the NPI process and successful transition of production to a Flextronics factory setting.
Candidate will be accountable for motivating the product teams to achieve pre-determined cost, quality and delivery targets and will also work
closely with technical peer teams within the Flextronics organization.
- Responsible for leading all technical aspects of product development: driving upfront project planning and seeking appropriate approvals, collaboration on PRDs and specifications, driving crisp engineering execution, establishment of quality assurance plans and ongoing adherence to detailed budgeting and resource prioritizations.
- Drive through influence and creativity, a world class product development team, which embodies the philosophy and goals of the CTO organization.
- Act as the main conduit of product execution influence between the marketing team, account management, business development teams and design resources.
- Standardize project development processes and updates by program, organize and facilitate regular review meetings for each program, clearly communicating development status, issues and successes.
- Work closely with Product Innovation organization to drive product portfolio planning and product prioritization activities with accurate and clear budget and resource planning models.
Minimum (MUST HAVE) Qualifications:
Desired (NICE-TO-HAVE) Minimum Qualifications:
- 12+ years of relevant work experience in a computer system or product development leadership role.
- Demonstrated ability as a successful technical program manager where new products are delivered on three to nine month product cycles. Must have taken a
- number of products from initial concept through development, launch, and end-of-life.
- Candidate must have an outstanding reputation for on-time and on-budget product deliveries in the electronics product market place.
- Excellent project and process management skills with the ability to define, build and adhere to successful development processes.
- Good verbal and written communication skills in English
Education or Training:
- Candidate should have good awareness of the market dynamics and products in highly competitive electronics market.
- Candidate has experience in some or all areas of software design, hardware design, computer networking, operating systems, system design and manufacturing supporting various types of products.
- BS Degree required, MS/MBA preferred
“Flextronics is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.”
Not Ready to Apply?
At Flextronics, impossible is where breakthrough begins. As a socially-responsible, global leader in design, manufacturing, distribution and aftermarket services, Flextronics is unique in its ability to provide end-to-end solutions through its innovative and proprietary systems — all to enhance customer competitiveness and success. Working across four business groups and several business units, Flextronics is able to unleash the full potential of the world’s most valuable brands and new ventures.
What Flextronics creates is value. By increasing speed to market and driving competitive positioning for customers, Flextronics in essence solves customers’ most challenging problems better, faster and more cost effectively than any other company. Flextronics is able to manage big data in a way that allows for trending in market environments that are in flux, allowing the Company to provide solutions for customers, often before a challenge is ever realized.
|For your privacy and protection, when applying to a job online:|
Never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction. Learn More >>
By applying to a job using CareerBuilder.com you are agreeing to comply with and be subject to the CareerBuilder.com Terms and Conditions for use of our website. To use our website, you must agree with the Terms and Conditions and both meet and comply with their provisions.