YOUTH DEVELOPMENT SPECIALIST
This position supervises clients during the overnight shift in a manner that ensures their safety and security. In addition, this position assists in the management of the morning wake-up routine by directing clients in a manner that promotes their growth and development.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Interacts and supervises clients in a manner that ensures their safety and security.
- Conducts and documents head count/bed checks in accordance with facility standards.
- Maintains regular communication with supervisor and co-workers.
- Supervises morning routine on the unit; provides guidance during morning hygiene, cleaning activities, and group meetings.
- Observes client behavior and intervenes appropriately.
- Escorts clients between locations within the facility such as the medical office, bathroom, or group room.
- Demonstrates appropriate use of client intervention skills and Safe Crisis Management (SCM) techniques.
- Implements and supports the company’s mission and philosophy; follows the company’s policies regarding professional expectations, code of conduct, and other practices and procedures.
- Maintains confidentiality of information related to client information.
- Demonstrates professionalism in performance of job.
- Demonstrates effort in professional development.
- Observes activities and responds accordingly including emergency situations such as evacuation, CPR, or first aid.
- High School Diploma or GED; Associate’s Degree preferred.
- At least twenty-one (21) years of age.
- Criminal clearances (Act 33 and 34, specific State & child clearances and, if necessary, FBI).
- Non-communicable diseases physical exam.
- Valid driver's license from employees’ state of residence.
- Valid registered vehicle insurance, if applicable.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability.
Not ready to Apply?
About Geo Group
The GEO Group, Inc. (GEO) is a world leader of government outsourced services specializing in the delivery of correctional and detention management, medical and mental health rehabilitation services, family and youth services, and other diversified services to federal, state and local government agencies around the globe.
GEO's success around the world has been achieved by our highly-trained work force. We employ over 18,000 professionals within our facilities, regional, international, and corporate offices. Our highly skilled professionals manage approximately 77,500 beds at 98 correctional, detention and residential treatment facilities.
With operations in the United States, Australia, South Africa, and the United Kingdom; GEO offers a diversified array of turnkey services which include design, construction, financing, and operations. Our unique approach allows GEO to provide high-quality and cost-effective services with state-of-the-art designs, innovative programs and ground-breaking treatment approaches.
|For your privacy and protection, when applying to a job online:|
Never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction. Learn More >>
By applying to a job using CareerBuilder.com you are agreeing to comply with and be subject to the CareerBuilder.com Terms and Conditions for use of our website. To use our website, you must agree with the Terms and Conditions and both meet and comply with their provisions.
Read what employees have to say about working at Geo Group:
"My career at GEO began in January 1995. I am a 17-year veteran at GEO where I have had the opportunity of working almost every post on every shift. I have enjoyed working various positions throughout my career."
Penny, Correctional Officer
"GEO has given me great training. I have confidence that I can move up and make this a lifetime career. I feel there are no limits with this company."
Melissa, Receiving & Release Officer
"Forensic nursing creates unlimited opportunities for evidence-based practice and patient advocacy. It challenges your psychiatric skills."
Darlene, Registered Nurse
"As an Officer, I was given many opportunities to work various positions. My overall career and experience at GEO has been a very rewarding one for me."
Curtis, Administrative Captain
"My career at GEO began in November 1997, and I would like to extend my heartfelt thanks for the opportunities the company has given me. My overall career for the past 14 years has been a great experience."