Assistant Manager of Valet Services - Lee's Landing
Get out from behind that desk and spend your days leading a team in a fun, fast-paced environment!
Towne Park, America’s leader in valet parking and hospitality staffing solutions, is looking for talented, service-minded people like you to manage your own hotel department. In addition to formal management training, you will gain valuable experience working with executives from leading hotel brands like Four Seasons, Marriott, Westin and Hilton.
In addition to great benefits, Towne Park managers enjoy a degree of autonomy and schedule flexibility that most jobs simply can’t offer. Along the way, you will build lasting relationships while gaining the service and management insight essential to growing your career.
For over 25 years, Towne Park has been serving hotels, hospitals and casinos coast to coast – from Annapolis to Anaheim – so you’ll always have a place to work no matter where life takes you!
At Towne Park, we value workforce diversity and encourage everyone to apply.
Are you Driven to Serve®?
The Assistant Manager of Hotel Valet Services is responsible for ensuring high levels of client, customer and associate satisfaction at a designated Towne Park location. Key responsibilities include managing the delivery of guest services, training associates; planning, assigning and directing work; appraising performance; financial management and reporting; and addressing customer complaints.
Some of the main duties of an Assistant Manager of Hotel Valet Services include, but are not limited to:
• Actively engaging in the recruitment and hiring processes to ensure the best people are selected for the location and fostering an environment that retains talented associates
• Recognizing where the team and individual performers need to improve and properly training and coaching
• Understanding what objectives are important to the client and ensuring the entire team is focused on exceeding expectations
• Ensuring that shift report, cash drops and other revenue reports are completed with detail and accuracy and supervision the reconciliation of revenue and tickets at the end of every shift
• Ensuring that controls are in place for scheduling, overtime, tip reporting and timekeeping
• Effectively utilizing standardized business systems as developed by Towne Park and ensuring compliance with policies and procedures
• Understanding and following safety and security procedures, and practicing preventative safety procedures as set forth by Towne Park
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
• Must be able to effectively plan, set priorities and manage several complex projects simultaneously while working under pressure to meet deadlines
• Must be able to demonstrate work ethic, drive, energy and persistence to achieve goals
• Must be able to demonstrate computer proficiency and technical aptitude with the ability to utilize MS Office (Excel, Word and Outlook) and various technology and point-of-sale applications
• Must demonstrate written and verbal communication skills to effectively address all levels of the organization
• Must demonstrate ability to represent the company effectively in a variety of settings with a demonstrated understanding and appreciation for diverse cultures
Physical Demands & Work Environment:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Regularly required to run; stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; balance; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; talk and hear
• Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus
• Must be able to lift and/or move up to 50 pounds frequently and up to 75 pounds occasionally. Must be able to push and pull 75 pounds frequently and 100 pounds occasionally.
• Must be able to push and pull (on wheelchair) 100 to 350 pounds frequently over considerable distance
Working flexible schedules and extended hours are sometimes required.
• Bachelor’s degree from a four-year college or university and a minimum of 1-2 years of related experience and/or training; OR equivalent combination of education and/or experience
• Must be able to drive manual transmission
• Must have and maintain a valid driver’s license and clean driving record
• For insurance purposes, must be at least 18 years of age and be able to pass a criminal background and drug screen
Towne Park began its history of hospitality service in 1987 with one hotel in Annapolis, Maryland. After two decades of proven service and industry-leading solutions, more than 400 properties across the nation entrust Towne Park with their most valuable assets-their guests and patients.
Since founder and CEO Jerry South officially incorporated Towne Park in 1988, its service-minded associates and results-driven processes have consistently met industry challenges and changes. With strategic acquisitions, the company has grown, adding new markets and service sectors. In 2005, Towne Park acquired MediPark Valet, extending its presence in Texas. In 2008, Towne Park acquired Mile Hi Valet Service, making the company the national leader of hospitality staffing and parking solutions. In 2009, Towne Park acquired Avascend Healthcare Hospitality, launching its enterprise into the healthcare sector. Most recently in 2011, Towne Park acquired Quality Parking Service of Los Angeles, CA expanding our California presence.