Staff Internal Auditor II
Golden 1 Credit Union, California’s leading credit union, is looking for a Staff Internal Auditor II to work at its Headquarters in Sacramento in the Internal Audit Department. The successful candidate will conduct operational, financial, information technology, and compliance internal audits and consultations. Also assists in planning and performance of assigned audits to provide all levels of management and the Supervisory Committee with independent analysis, evaluations and recommendations. The position’s daily tasks, duties and functions are as follows:
- Maintain a thorough understanding of state and federal laws and regulations related to credit union compliance including bank secrecy and anti-money laundering laws appropriate to the position
- Identify internal control weaknesses, develop collaborative audit recommendations and draft audit reports under supervision
- Perform and coordinate follow-up audits to determine if management has taken action to mitigate risks identified.
- Assist external auditors in their annual review of operations and systems
- Ability to travel 20% annually. Travel as necessary to various out-of-town locations.
Salary is DOE
- Bachelor’s degree (BA/BS) in Finance, Business Administration, Accounting, or acceptable equivalent from four-year college or university. Certified Internal Auditor (CIA) preferred. ( Pursuit of CIA, Certified Internal Systems Auditor, Certified Financial Services Auditor or equivalent is recommended)
- Up to 4 years of progressive audit experience, o other audit work within a financial institution, or equivalent combination of education and experience. At least 3 years as an internal auditor, or equivalent. Banking, Credit union, or other Financial Services industry experience desired
- Familiarity with COSO, International Standards of the Professional Practice of Internal Auditing & Practice Advisories, risk-based auditing theory techniques and procedures; accounting theory and methods; management and organizational principles; statistical methods. Strong oral and written communication skills, analytical skills, mathematical aptitude, and interpersonal skills. Familiarity with ACL desired.
The successful candidate will need to pass a pre-employment background check and drug screening.
Golden 1 Credit Union is an Equal Opportunity Employer offering excellent benefits including medical, dental, vision, and 401(k).
The Golden 1 Credit Union is California's leading financial cooperative, and the sixth largest credit union in the U.S. with more than $7 billion in assets and nearly 600,000 members. We have more than 80 branches, 270 ATMs and 30,000 network ATMs nationwide. Our non-cash offices are conveniently located within places of business you may already visit.
Founded by a group of California state employees in 1933, Golden 1 is a membership financial cooperative which is owned by its members. In keeping with the credit union philosophy of "people helping people," Golden 1 offers our members a wide range of low-cost consumer financial products and high-quality service.
We deliver financial solutions with value, convenience, and exceptional service.
A dynamic and trusted leader committed to enhancing the financial well-being of our members and diverse communities.