Senior Client Services Manager
Opportunity For A Senior Client Services Manager Join our outstanding team at AMRI, recipient of the 2013 CMO Leadership Award in Quality from "Life Science Leader" magazine. Albany Molecular Research Inc. provides global contract research and manufacturing services to the pharmaceutical and biotechnology industries.
The Senior Client Services Manager is responsible for overseeing the client services department and ensuring the company delivers the highest level of customer service possible. This position will plan, coordinate and control the activities of the client services team to maintain and enhance customer relationships, drive revenue, and meet organizational and operational objectives.
- Develop and implement client services policies and procedures.
- Define and communicate client services standard operating procedures to include:
- Receive and handle all customer requests including entering orders, requests for information, and all other customer logistics.
- Monitor project progess and delivery dates and communicate issues, scope changes, and all other basic information to customers and Sales Managers.
- Set up a 24 hour global client services hot-line via website, direct client services email and direct client services telephone number including a log system and trend/data analysis.
- Review and track customer complaints and monitor speed and success of AMRI resolution processes.
- Develop standard competencies for client services team to be measured against and oversee the achievement of agreed upon annual customer service goals.
- Develop a process for handling leads received via our website, Eloqua, trade-shows, and any other MarCom initiatives and act as liaison between MarCom and Client Services.
- Set up customer survey process and work with head of sales operations to develop customer service Key Performance Indicators and enhanced Net Promoter Survey processes.
- Review and assess customer contracts and work with legal to recommend changes for Sales Managers to discuss with customers. Direct the daily operations of the client services team.
- Plan, prioritize and delegate work tasks to ensure proper functionality of the department.
- Ensure the necessary resources and tools are available for quality customer service delivery.
- Handle complex and escalated customer service issues.
- Monitor accuracy of reporting and database information.
- Analyze relevant data to determine customer service outputs.
- Identify and implement strategies to improve quality of service, productivity and profitability.
- Liaise with company management to support and implement growth strategies.
The successful Senior Client Services Manager will be passionate about delivering excellent customer service standards, a good leader and effective team player. You will understand the concept of “customer care”, how to identify the root causes of problems and have the ability to communicate emotive issues with tact and diplomacy.
Education and/or Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Business or related field.
- 5+ years of experience managing a customer-facing service team.
- 10+ years of relevant experience.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Ability to effectively communicate with internal and external customers.
- Demonstrated competency in strategic thinking and leadership with strong abilities in relationship management.
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to prioritize workload and manage multiple tasks concurrently with minimal supervision.
- Proven ability to work with international sites and different cultures.
Preferred Broad and deep understanding of the pharmaceutical and biotech markets and decision-making dynamics within the companies operating in this space.
Albany Molecular Research, Inc. (AMRI) is a global contract research and manufacturing organization with more than twenty years’ experience in providing customers with fully integrated drug discovery, development, and manufacturing partnerships. AMRI builds its expert knowledge and advice into customers’ programs to deliver a complete range of value-added services with more informed decision-making, resulting in enhanced efficiency and more successful outcomes at all stages of the pipeline. AMRI’s smarter options for insourcing and outsourcing support discovery and development of pharmaceutical products, manufacturing of API and drug product for existing and experimental new drugs. With unrivalled project management and locations in the United States, Europe, and Asia, AMRI maintains geographic proximity and seamless delivery across multiple sites.
AMRI has historically leveraged its drug discovery expertise to progress several internal programs to the development candidate stage and, in some cases, into Phase I clinical development. AMRI has successfully partnered certain programs and is actively seeking to out-license its remaining programs to strategic partners for further development.