Dietary Aide (UN) - (PT/Evenings)
1. Assembles accurately meal trays, nourishments, floor supplies, tube feedings and snacks for patients or cafeteria customers. Delivers regular and late trays within the standard time frame.
2. Complies with departmental polices to include polices on break times, meal times, eating in kitchen, labeling, dating foods items, uniforms, etc. Consistently wears I.D. badge. Demonstrates a professional appearance.
3. Maintains safe and sanitary work conditions. Completes cleaning assignments in trayline area, dishroom and delivery of carts.
4. Cleans and assembles sanitized silverware into bags and prepares bread in bags for next meal period.
5. Promotes and enhances positive customer relations with an emphasis on good customer service, demonstrates courtesy when speaking to patients/visitors and demonstrates professional behavior at all times.
6. Sets up trayline stations with an adequate amount of supplies (i.e. food, beverages, supplement, salads, condiment, etc.) to begin trayline on time with no need to restock during meal service. Replenishes trayline stations following meal adequately for next meal service.
7. Delivers patient trays to room by following standard procedures outlined:
a. Knock on door prior to entering room
b. Greet patient by name, introduce yourself, smile and establish eye contact
c. Verify room number, diet and patient before giving tray to the patient using established patient
Food Service experience preferred.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against applicants due to race, ethnicity, gender, veteran status, or on the basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
UMMC Midtown Campus has had a long history of working to keep our community healthy. Located in midtown Baltimore, UMMC Midtown Campus is a 200-bed non-profit, community teaching hospital. We are part of the University of Maryland Medical System.
We provide care in more than 30 medical specialties. Each year, we serve about 100,000 patients. Through our free community health screenings, we also help more than 15,000 people a year manage health issues like diabetes and high blood pressure.
Our team of more than 500 doctors and 1,100 employees cares for each patient with expertise and compassion. We also partner with community groups, churches, health fairs, and schools to bring health education and other services to Baltimore residents.