Product Manager-Building Supplies (GLASS)
• Support product category leader with information and recommendations regarding annual marketing plans and longer-term business plans.
• Support product category leader with recommendations on coordinated product strategies that provides industry leadership in exterior doors and supports the business objectives.
• Manage product pricing, both new and existing, through competitive research, internal data analysis and sales interaction. Provide recommendations on pricing strategies which will enhance product profitability.
• Monitor current, and anticipate future, consumer and customer needs and preferences by working closely with Sales and Market Intelligence.
• Manage all products in assigned line throughout all stages of their life cycle, developing strategies for development, introduction, continuing contribution, and discontinuance, while maximizing their profitable existence and synergism with all products of the business.
• Work with Operations to ensure needed product supply at the lowest possible product cost while maintaining quality standards.
• Work in close contact with channel marketing to develop promotional plans, advertising campaigns, catalogs, brochures, displays, exhibits, and other support materials.
• Create, execute, and maintain a product strategy to guide new product development efforts for each product line – coordinate with New Product Development team and all functional areas and locations.
• Closely monitor and steer all Engineering and Manufacturing activities concerned with new product or new technology development and product maintenance activities related to products.
• Work with SIOP to ensure accurate forecasting information, particularly as it pertains to new products. Work with Global Sourcing to monitor activities of critical vendors.
• Develop a personal expertise on assigned product markets including a complete intelligence file on competitors’ products, pricing, field activity, customer service channels of market distribution and end user preferences. Become familiar with product materials, manufacturing, packaging, transportation and promotions. This expertise needs to account for competitors within North America with entry door products.
• Coordinate the development of effective packaging, advertising, sales and incentive programs, sales displays, trade show displays and promotional programs.
• Relate and recommend changes in established market distribution and strategy as necessitated by market and consumer preferences.
• Coordinate the interpretation of codes and distribution of this information to the sales organization and customers.
• Seek legal advice from corporate counsel to ensure propriety of pricing mechanism, trademarks, product labeling, policies and contractual agreements.
• Demonstrate competency in the Masonite values: Integrity, Customer Commitment, Innovation, Continuous Improvement, Teamwork & Respect and Leadership & Accountability.
• Work with others in Product Management, New Product Development and Marketing to maximize the return of all the Group’s products.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
Position requires a Bachelor’s degree in marketing or related field. MBA/MS preferred.
• 5-7 years of prior experience in sales, marketing, channel management, and/or product development with progressively more responsibility and a track record of results are required. Cross-functional experience and post graduate training in marketing or management preferred.
• Must possess a keen analytical mind, be strong on planning, detail, accuracy and be a demonstrably creative thinker.
• Candidate must possess substantial skills in written and oral communication with all levels of management and outside contacts.
• Travel to trade shows, manufacturing plants and customer visits as needed, approximately 20%.
Today, Masonite embraces the spirit of our founder, William H. Mason. His ideas and inventions were the building blocks of numerous revolutionary building materials.
In 1924, William H. Mason, a researcher, engineer and inventor, made a revolutionary discovery. He changed the way wood was used to form more effective building materials. This paved the way for a succession of new building products for the home.
Over eighty years later, we still embrace that innovative spirit. We are constantly looking for new processes, technologies, materials and designs – always with an eye on producing doors that are stylish, functional and durable. Doors that are guaranteed to make your home more beautiful.
Our continued leadership, our innovative spirit and our superior products have earned us a reputation unsurpassed in the industry. Of that, we are extremely proud.