The Global Account Manager position is responsible for hunting and landing new global account customers across all vertical markets. After landing these new customers, the position is responsible for using an advanced level of sales skill, industry knowledge and business acumen to build an effective account strategy, expand the web of influence, build key client relationships, recognize all client needs / opportunities and drive service excellence, resulting in profitable sales growth for all assigned Global Accounts.Responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to the following: MUST have the aptitude for NEW BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT.MUST have a proven track record of building a base of business from lists of potential customers.
• Serves as the primary point of contact for all assigned Global Account clients.
• Design and execute a professional sales strategy utilizing in-depth knowledge of the client and the industry, as well as an expert knowledge of al WESCO product and services lines of business.
• Identify and make value-focused contact with all key client contacts.
• Build strong client relationships and establish trust with all key client contacts, which results in increased sales of existing verticals, as well as growth into new WESCO product and service offerings.
• Accept responsibility for and oversee resolution of all client problems promptly and effectively, according to standard problem resolution protocols.
• Demonstrate customer value by serving the client as business consultant and trusted advisor.
• Maintain an accurate accounting of all Global Account data according to the standards set by the Regional Sales Director and Director of Global Sales.Accountability for monitoring and maintaining a high level of market expertise and knowledge, including competitor products, services and delivery models. Perform other duties as required
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
• Knowledge of business and management principles involved in strategic planning, resource allocation, human resources modeling, leadership technique, production methods, and coordination of people and resources
• Knowledge of principles and processes for providing customer and personal services. This includes customer needs assessment, meeting quality standards for services, and evaluation of customer satisfaction
• Strong verbal, written, analytical, persuasion and interpersonal skills
• Managing one's own time and the time of others
• Excellent communication and computer skills
• EXPERIENCEMinimum of 3 years of national accounts sales experience EDUCATION Bachelor's Degree in Business, Engineering or related field required
WESCO International is a leader in industrial supply with an extensive offering of electrical, data communications, general maintenance, repair, and operating (MRO) and electrical OEM products. We are more than just an electrical distributor; we are a company of procurement specialists, helping customers lower supply chain costs, increase efficiency through WESCO Value Creation and save energy with green and sustainability initiatives. Our network of branches delivers industrial supply products fast, and our vast catalog of supplier partners enables WESCO to be your one-stop shop for electrical and MRO products. As a Fortune 500 company, our industrial supply solutions leverage our buying power and extensive procurement experience that leaders across a broad range of industries trust to deliver value, service and results that exceed customer expectations.