The Alliance Manager is responsible to build key client relationships by expanding the web of influence, recognizing all client needs/opportunities and drive service excellence resulting in profitable sales growth for all assigned accounts. The Alliance Manager is responsible for establishing a service strategy to meet the customers’ expectations by leveraging WESCO’s extensive products and services portfolio through our national network of branches.
• Serves as the primary point of contact for all assigned Alliance Customers.
• Designs and executes a professional sales strategy utilizing in-depth knowledge of the client and the industry, as well as knowledge of all WESCO products and services.
• Manages and builds relationships with key suppliers that support the Alliance Program to develop comprehensive supply chain solutions.
• Identifies and makes value-focused contact at all levels within the client’s organization.
• Accepts responsibility for and oversees resolution of all client problems promptly and effectively, according to standard problem resolution protocols.
• Demonstrates customer value by serving the client as business consultant and trusted advisor.
• Responsible to monitor, track and report on customer contractual obligations such as performance management, cost savings and price management agreed to by Regional VP or Director of Operations.
• Responsible for P&L for assigned Alliance customers.
• 5 years national account, Utility, and/or large customer sales experience.
• 5 years selling Products and Services – (Utility Experience Preferred).
• 5 years supply Chain Experience with the following functional focus – Sourcing, Category Management, Material Management and Logistics, and Project Management.
• 2 years Previous supervisory experience.EDUCATION:Bachelors’ Degree in Business, Engineering or Supply Chain Mgt required, Masters' Degree preferredSKILLS/REQUIREMENTS:
• Business and management principles involved in strategic planning, business modeling, resource allocation, human resources modeling, leadership technique, production methods, and coordination of people and resources.
• Principles and processes for providing customer services. This includes customer needs assessment, LEAN methodologies to eliminate waste and drive improvement, meeting quality standards for services, and evaluation of customer satisfaction.
• Strong verbal, written, analytical, persuasion and interpersonal skills.
• Strong Excel and Access capabilities to help formulate strategic business models and manage contractual obligations relative to the various supply chain functions.
• Can do personality: Demonstrate teamwork, leadership and flexibility.
WESCO International is a leader in industrial supply with an extensive offering of electrical, data communications, general maintenance, repair, and operating (MRO) and electrical OEM products. We are more than just an electrical distributor; we are a company of procurement specialists, helping customers lower supply chain costs, increase efficiency through WESCO Value Creation and save energy with green and sustainability initiatives. Our network of branches delivers industrial supply products fast, and our vast catalog of supplier partners enables WESCO to be your one-stop shop for electrical and MRO products. As a Fortune 500 company, our industrial supply solutions leverage our buying power and extensive procurement experience that leaders across a broad range of industries trust to deliver value, service and results that exceed customer expectations.