Sr Manager, Data Analysis
Move Inc (operator of Realtor.com) is looking for a Senior Manager, Data Analysis who will leverage his/her strong Technical Data Analysis/SQL/Omniture skills to drive data analysis of high impact projects and support decisions across the organization. He or she will work cross-functionally with Product Management, Marketing, Financial Planning & Analysis and Sales to add value to the business.
This position is based at the company's headquarters in San Jose, CA and reports to VP, Business Analytics and Optimization.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Lead data analyses to solve key business problems. This would include understanding stakeholders’ business problem, command a solid understanding of the enterprise’s data solutions (Data Warehouse, Omniture, Oracle, Siebel) in detail, and pull data from multiple datasets for the analysis.
- Present analysis and be able to explain to stakeholders (of different levels), demonstrate ability to translate data into a concise story
- Collaborate with business teams to identify and translate critical business problems and opportunities into data requirements and quantitative analyses
- Understand Move’s data architecture and become the subject matter expert on crafting data strategy (what source to access, what data is needed, how to bring data together) for Business Analytics’ models and deliverables
- Partner with Business Intelligence team members to improve data collection processes
- Manage 1 or 2 data analyst to support the team
- Provide guidance to team members on SQL, Data Warehouse, Oracle BI, and/or Omniture
- 5-8+ years of experience working in highly analytical environment performing complex analyses, and generating data-driven insights
- Have Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, MIS, engineering, economics, statistics, mathematics, or other technical subjects
- Strong SQL skills and ability to pull data (extract data from massive, highly complex, multi-dimensional datasets and devise pragmatic solutions)
- Strong analytical skills, problem solver, and attention to detail
- Ability to define issues, questions and data; to comprehend qualitative and quantitative methods to perform accurate analysis
- Results driven and ability to coordinate and prioritize multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment
- Motivated self-starter who can take charge of complex tasks with minimal direction
- Strong verbal/written communication and presentation skills
- Demonstrated ability to adopt new tools and technologies as needed to address analytical tasks
Additional Preferred Skills and Experience:
- SQL server experience
- Omniture, Adobe Insights/Discover experience
- Business Intelligence tools (Cognos, Microstrategy, Business Objects, etc.)
- Experience with tools like SAS
- Have excellent financial modeling skills using Excel (pivot tables)
- Experience with setting up an analytics data mart
Move, Inc. offers a fast-paced, dynamic work environment including a competitive salary and benefits including medical, dental, vision, 401(k), vacation and holidays. What should excite you about Move is not where we are located or which dental plan we offer, but the opportunity to be a key player in revolutionizing the real estate industry and working with people who are excited and motivated to make a difference in an industry that touches everyone’s lives.
Move is an equal opportunity employer.
Not ready to apply?