The Radiation Physicist provides radiological and dosimetry services. The position ensures that an accurate delivery of a planned treatment course of radiation therapy is achieved, keeps accurate control records, and is designated Radiation Safety Officer (RSO) and responsible for all aspects physics for the radiation therapy department. The Radiation Physicist provides patient education, applies the principles of radiation protection to ensure safety for everyone, provides education through teaching to staff as necessary, and works closely with physicians, administration, and staff, to ensure that the highest standard of service is provided to the patients.
May be required to occasionally work at other locations within the Greater Sacramento Area as needed
- Five (5) years as Medical Radiation Physicist.
- Master's degree.
- Experience with Varian Treatment Systems is required.
- Familiarity with State radiation compliance standards and ability to act as administrator is required.
- Ability to work individually and as a team without reservation, especially in unforeseen circumstances towards an efficient and effective department operation.
- Experience in implementation of new technology and Varian Trilogy/eclipse treatment planning preferred.
- Certification Board Certified/eligible for ABR/ABMP Certification. About Us:
Dignity Health Medical Foundation, established in 1993, is a California nonprofit public benefit corporation with care centers throughout California. Dignity Health Medical Foundation is an affiliate of Dignity Health - the fifth largest hospital system in the nation - with hospitals and care centers in California, Arizona and Nevada. Today, Dignity Health Medical Foundation works hand-in-hand with physicians and providers throughout California to provide comprehensive healthcare services to the many communities we serve.
As Dignity Health Medical Foundation continues to grow and establish new premier care centers, we provide increasing support and investment in the latest technologies, finest physicians and state-of-the-art medical facilities. We strive to create purposeful work settings where staff can provide great care, while advancing in knowledge and experience through challenging work assignments and stimulating relationships. Our staff is well-trained and highly skilled, qualities that are vital to maintaining excellence in care and service.