Candlewood Suites look for down to earth people who are friendly, considerate and reliable. They give guests the freedom to do the things they want but are always on hand to help whatever the task may be.
PLEASE PUT YOUR PROPERTY/COMPANY INFORMATION HERE
Perform preventive and regular maintenance and repairs to all areas of the hotel. Responsible for maintaining a clean and organized maintenance shop and for the security of hotel inventory and assets such as tools, supplies, furniture, fixtures, and equipment.
At Candlewood Suites® our guests want to feel free to do what they want in their own space which means we need you to:
- Be down-to-earth by being straightforward and natural
- Be considerate by being respectful, perceptive and accommodating
- Be friendly by being kind, approachable and light-hearted
- Be reliable by being professional, a team player and resourceful
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Participate in the preparation of the annual departmental operating budget and financial plans. Monitor budget and control expenses with a focus on energy management, preventive maintenance, and capital planning.
- Lead hotel renovations and other projects, negotiate contracts, and ensure timely completion of projects within budget.
- Manage day to day staffing requirements, plan and assign work, and establish performance and development goals for employees. Provide mentoring, coaching and regular feedback to help manage conflict and improve employee performance.
- Educate and train all employees in compliance with governmental and safety regulations. Ensure staff is properly trained and has the tools and equipment to carry out job duties.
- Promote teamwork and quality service through daily communication and coordination with other departments. Communicate with all hotel department heads to stay informed of maintenance needs and ensure timely responses to requests.
- Understand and respond to customer’s needs and ensure a high level of guest satisfaction.
- Carryout preventive maintenance program to ensure facility is maintained and in service for our guests (example: lighting, refrigeration, heating, air-conditioning, water treatment systems, and pools)
- Maintain and order parts and supplies in a timely and efficient manner while minimizing waste and maintaining ""green"" initiatives.
- May be responsible for hotel security to minimize risk of theft, crime and other hazards.
Perform other duties as assigned. May also serve as manager on duty.
This is the lead maintenance job in a small limited-service or extended stay single site hotel with a limited range of facilities. May supervise a small maintenance staff.
QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS
Advanced vocational training plus two years of experience in general building maintenance or construction, or equivalent combination of education and experience. Professional certification and license if required by law. Hotel experience preferred. Must be able to speak local language(s).
The statements in this job description are intended to describe the essential nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be ALL responsibilities or qualifications of the job.