Senior Research Scientist - Analytical
Opportunity For A Senior Research Scientist, Mass Spectroscopy
Join our outstanding team at AMRI, recipient of the 2013 CMO Leadership Award in Quality from "Life Science Leader" magazine.
Albany Molecular Research Inc. provides global contract research and manufacturing services to the pharmaceutical and biotechnology industries.
The Senior Research Scientist is an expert in one or more analytical techniques. The scientist’s principal responsibility is the design, development, validation and implementation of analytical procedures. The scientist is expected to provide significant contributions to the problems assigned, and to demonstrate an ability to solve problems. The scientist is self-motivated and continually demonstrates initiative in handling responsibilities, and strives to do the job better.
- Act as a technical consultant: volunteer suggestions on analytical procedures. Perform literature searches to collect information from a spectrum of sources.
- Develop efficient, selective analytical procedures for assigned compounds. Process samples with developed method in an efficient manner.
- Possess laboratory skills that allow for the methods development and processing of samples of materials that are difficult to handle or analyze. Possess the accumulated knowledge to approach such materials efficiently and safely.
- Demonstrate proficiency in multiple techniques.
- Recommend and implement methods to increase the quality of products and/or services.
- Adapt to changing priorities such that productivity and efficiency is unaffected.
- Devise improved procedures for existing projects, as required. Originate novel ideas or approaches to other’s projects. Contribute suggestions on analytical procedures to coworkers.
- Manage workload and time to enable the incumbent to perform multiple projects effectively, and ensure all necessary paperwork is completed on a timely basis.
- Volunteer to assist with other tasks in the analytical function not directly related to specific projects.
- Conduct laboratory operations in a safe manner. Maintain familiarity with the Chemical Hygiene Plan. Exhibit safety awareness and safe work practices.
- Follow responsible actions regarding chemical disposal. Maintain compliance with all regulations at the federal, state, and local levels, as well as appropriate SOP’s.
- Present quality written documentation, notebooks, methods, validation reports, data reports and summaries. Contribute technically to the Company's web site.
- Communicate effectively in verbal and written form on research results, issues, and plans.
- Participate in self-development activities. Provide orientation and train new personnel on operating procedures and policies.
The Senior Research Scientist is expected to have a high level of proficiency and productivity and will be recognized by peers and supervisors as a technical expert. Also, the Senior Research Scientist should possess a high degree of professionalism reflected in part by reading the scientific literature and generating job related ideas beyond normal working hours. This requires comprehension of current literature.
- Ph.D. in Organic or Analytical Chemistry, or other applicable natural science field, including pharmacy or equivalent industrial experience
- 2 to 3 years’ experience with LC/MS operation and data analysis.
Albany Molecular Research, Inc. (AMRI) is a global contract research and manufacturing organization with more than twenty years’ experience in providing customers with fully integrated drug discovery, development, and manufacturing partnerships. AMRI builds its expert knowledge and advice into customers’ programs to deliver a complete range of value-added services with more informed decision-making, resulting in enhanced efficiency and more successful outcomes at all stages of the pipeline. AMRI’s smarter options for insourcing and outsourcing support discovery and development of pharmaceutical products, manufacturing of API and drug product for existing and experimental new drugs. With unrivalled project management and locations in the United States, Europe, and Asia, AMRI maintains geographic proximity and seamless delivery across multiple sites.
AMRI has historically leveraged its drug discovery expertise to progress several internal programs to the development candidate stage and, in some cases, into Phase I clinical development. AMRI has successfully partnered certain programs and is actively seeking to out-license its remaining programs to strategic partners for further development.