Expected to perform transaction entry, adjustment and document review in an automated system that tracks time of home-based workers providing services Responsible for validation of employee time data and follow up related to submitted time data. Responsible for creating and maintaining transaction documentation for audit and internal control purposes. Responsible for assisting with development, implementation and evaluation of staff training program. Other responsibilities include routing mail, email, and other administrative support duties as assigned.
- Monitor System Dashboard
- Enter and quality check schedule of services to be performed
- Reconcile worker schedules and confirm visits
- Complete forms as appropriate for scheduling exceptions
- Monitor authorization status of individuals receiving services.
- Provide notification when authorizations are incorrect or when additional authorizations are needed
- Perform Support Ticket Transaction Resolution Tasks
- Identify, evaluate and resolve pended worker payments and support tickets
- Track support ticket interaction with Financial Operations and Customer Service Center staff
- Assist in Production of Periodic Reporting
- Quality check production and distribution of reports intended for consumers and providers
- Process Payroll and Accounts Payable Transactions
- Monitor accuracy/timeliness of payment processing and participate in continuous quality improvement
- Problem solving and process improvement oriented
- Excellent accuracy and attention to detail
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team in a fast paced environment with multiple deadlines
- Knowledge of MS Windows, Excel and Word preferred
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY POLICY STATEMENT
41 C.F.R. Section 60-741.44(a); 60-300.44(a)
Public Consulting Group, Inc. complies with Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, as amended, which prohibits discrimination by Federal government contractors and subcontractors against individuals on the basis of disability and requires affirmative action on behalf of qualified individuals with disabilities. Public Consulting Group, Inc. also complies with the Vietnam Era Veterans Readjustment Act of 1974, as amended by the Jobs for Veterans Act of 2002, 38 U.S.C. 4212 (VEVRAA), which prohibits employment discrimination against protected veterans by covered Federal contractors and subcontractors and requires each covered Federal contractor and subcontractor to take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment these veterans.
If you have a disability or are a veteran covered by the program, please notify us by contacting a Human Resources representative. Submission of this information is voluntary, and your refusal to provide it will not cause you to be subjected to harassment, intimidation, threats, coercion, or discrimination because you engage or may engage in any of the following activities:
- 1. Filing a complaint;
- 2. Assisting or participating in an investigation, compliance evaluation, hearing, or any other activity related to the administration of Section 503 or VEVRAA or any other Federal, state, or local law requiring equal opportunity for individuals with disabilities or protected veterans;
- 3. Opposing any act or practice made unlawful by Section 503 or VEVRAA or their implementing regulations or any other Federal, state, or local law requiring equal opportunity for protected veterans or individuals with disabilities; or
- 4. Exercising any other right protected by VEVRAA or by Section 503 or their implementing regulations.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY - AFFIRMATIVE ACTION POLICY
Public Consulting Group, Inc. pledges full support to the Affirmative Action Program and policy of nondiscrimination and equal opportunity in compliance with Executive Order 11246, as amended, as well as applicable state and local laws, directives, and regulations. Public Consulting Group, Inc. recruits, hires, trains, and promotes persons in all job titles without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, disability, or protected veteran status. We ensure that hiring and promotion decisions are in accord with equal employment opportunity principles by imposing only requirements that are job related and do not have an adverse impact, and that other employment decisions further the principle of equal employment opportunity. Public Consulting Group, Inc. ensures that all personnel actions such as compensation, benefits, company-sponsored training, education, tuition assistance, transfer, demotion, termination, layoff, return from layoff, and social and recreational programs are administered without regard to protected group status.
Equal opportunity can only be achieved through demonstrated leadership and aggressive implementation of a viable Affirmative Action Program. Our Affirmative Action Program sets forth specific affirmative action and equal employment opportunity responsibilities of managers, supervisors, and all employees. It is incumbent that employees not discriminate in any policy, practice, or procedure on the basis of protected group status. All employees are expected to make every reasonable effort to carry out their Affirmative Action Program responsibilities in spirit, as well as in letter, to assure that equal opportunity is available to all. We further expect all employees to demonstrate sensitivity to, and respect for, all other employees and to demonstrate commitment to the Company's equal employment opportunity and affirmative action objectives.
Administrative responsibility for this vital Affirmative Action Program, including regular monitoring and periodic reporting to top management, is delegated to EO Administrator Public Consulting Group, Inc.. This program is available for review upon request by any applicant or employee by contacting the EO Administrator during regular business hours.
William S. Mosakowski, President
Public Consulting Group, LLC
Public Consulting Group (PCG) provides industry-leading management consulting and technology to help public sector education, health, human services, and other government clients achieve their performance goals and better serve populations in need. Founded in 1986 and headquartered in Boston, Massachusetts, Public Consulting Group (PCG) has more than 1,100 professionals in 44 offices around the U.S., in Canada, and in Europe who are dedicated to delivering leading consulting approaches and technologies to public sector clients.