Sr. Linux Systems Administrator
Q2 Software, Inc.
Posted : 10/30/2014
This position is for a Senior Systems Administrator to join the Q2 Datacenter Operations team. This team is responsible for the support and operation of Q2’s customer facing Software as a Service (SaaS) and custom hosting products. This position will be responsible for troubleshooting complex issues and making recommendations for improving the environment.
The environment consists primarily of Cisco hardware running Windows and Ubuntu on VMware ESXi 5.5. IIS and Microsoft SQL are prominent components of our SaaS offerings. Experience with EMC, VMware, Solarwinds products is a plus.
Essential Job functions:
- Assist with 1000+ VM servers in an Active Directory environment, ensuring that this environment has high availability
- Monitor system logs and activity on all servers and devices
- Actively contribute to the configuration, layout and performance tuning of the production infrastructure
- Establish plans (tools, techniques & practices) to monitor and manage the production environment
- Scripting administrative tasks for consistency and mass deployments
- Participate in the development of high availability and Disaster Recovery application architecture for applications in coordination with application and data base experts
- Transfer knowledge to implementation and operations staff
- Attend and actively participate in weekly meetings
- Participate in rotating 24x7 “on call' support coverage for data center related issues
- Perform maintenance related activities during scheduled weekend maintenance windows.
- Effectively communicate issues and resolutions to all levels of the organization
- Leads team projects, working with the work group to achieve defined goals within set timelines
- Perform Peer-level review of ‘Change Requests’
- 7-10 years of experience in Systems Administration
- Advanced knowledge and troubleshooting of Linux OS
- Advanced knowledge of HA Proxy, Postfix, FTP
- Ability and desire to learn new skills quickly
- Ability to maintain confidentiality with sensitive customer and internal information
- Use professional concepts to solve a wide range of difficult problems in imaginative and practical ways
- Ability to work on problems of diverse scope, where analysis of data requires evaluation of identifiable factors.
- Ability to work without instructions on routine work
- Must work effectively within a team environment
- Ability to exercise judgment
- Working knowledge of Drupal CMS
- Knowledge and troubleshooting experience of MySQL, MS SQL
- Working knowledge of VMware vCenter, Operations Manager, Site Recovery Manager
| Employment Type:
| Base Pay:
| Other Pay:
||Banking - Financial Services
| Manages Others:
| Required Travel:
| Job ID:
For nearly a decade, our mission has been to partner with financial institutions who want to leverage the power of virtual banking in order to grow accounts, increase market share, and become more influential within the communities they serve.
|For your privacy and protection, when applying to a job online:|
Never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction. Learn More >>
By applying to a job using CareerBuilder.com you are agreeing to comply with and be subject to the CareerBuilder.com Terms and Conditions for use of our website. To use our website, you must agree with the Terms and Conditions and both meet and comply with their provisions.