Employee FLSA Status:
Exempt Line of Business:
Enterprise Infrastructure Additional Technology Information:
The primary focus of this position is to provide architecture, engineering and operational guidance for Middleware Services Ecommerce, Internet facing technology stacks. This role is tasked with integrating into Kroger's Ecommerce department by assisting with the design, build and operation of multiple different types of ecommerce systems. This role is accountable for the availability and mean-time-to-repair (MTTR) of Kroger's Ecommerce systems and environment. Because of the diverse technology stack(s) that make up Kroger's ecommerce environment(s), this role requires a diverse background in HTTP servers (Apache), Java 2 Enterprise Edition (J2EE) Application containers, exposure to Microsoft .NET, experience with IBM WebSphere and IBM WebSphere Commerce Server, exposure to IBM Message Broker, experience with NoSQL database systems and familiarity with ecommerce design patters and development methodologies. The role is a hybrid between engineering and operations. The successful candidate will have a background in both.
• Provide guidance to Ecommerce development teams on Kroger's Middleware technology systems and services in an effort to improve performance and reliability of new applications and new application features.
• Provision new systems and services for Kroger's Ecommerce space. This includes, but is not limited to, installing and configuring barebones hardware, installing and configuring middleware software components, integrating new systems with Kroger's security framework and being service delivery owner of new systems and services development partners and external customers
• Manage, execute, log and report break/fixes changes for Ecommerce Middleware Applications
• Develop and follow documented processes and procedures to ensure Middleware systems stability.
• Provide and analyze usage, performance, service level, compliance and audit reporting of Kroger's Ecommerce environments
• Implement, report, and monitor service upgrades (e.g. security fixes, etc.).
• Test and support software, hardware upgrades that directly affect Ecommerce applications and systems
• Perform process, hardware and software analysis on new technologies in their area of support and make recommendations to management on Middleware technology stacks
• Support and maintain Kroger Ecommerce solutions by utilizing required tools and technologies. Provide off-hours support (24 x 7) as required
• Must be able to perform the essential functions of this position with or without reasonable accommodation Position Summary:
The Technology Architect is responsible for establishing technology standards and providing architecture recommendations and design for specific disciplines. Role model and demonstrate the company's core values of respect, honesty, integrity, diversity, inclusion and safety of others. Essential Job Functions:
Desired Previous Job Experience:
- Develop technology strategy and roadmap to support project portfolio and business strategy.
- Define engineering and engineering process standards for the given discipline.
- Conduct technology market research to understand emerging / future technology trends and recommend new technology adoption in the given discipline.
- Architect and design technology discipline solutions for projects with infrastructure technical engineers.
- Perform technical problem solving for technology issues.
- Develop and maintain deployed technology list for each infrastructure discipline.
- Develop and maintain detailed architecture documentation for large complex systems. Architect and design technology discipline high availability architecture frameworks.
- Evaluate vendor technical and support capabilities.
- Must be able to perform the essential functions of this position with or without reasonable accommodation.
Potential Career Path from this Position:
- Bachelor's degree in IS or related equivalent work experience in an Information Systems position.
- Proven ability to lead strategic initiatives.
- Experience in an application domain with an architectural understanding.
- 3 - 6 years experience in a Technology Architect position.
- Management position throughout the enterprise
- Senior level Architect positions
None Required Certifications/Licenses:
None Position Type:
[[mfield4]] Jobs at Kroger:
At Kroger, we hire people who have a passion for helping others and who want to build a relationship with our Customers. No matter what stage of your career, you can build your future at Kroger. We look for people who want more, aspire to be more and work hard to achieve their goals. Our focus on keeping the Customer first is what makes us successful. As the largest traditional grocery chain in the U.S. and one of the world's largest retailers, we employee more than 368,000 Associates across 34 states and the District of Columbia. We offer many opportunities not only in our stores, but in Manufacturing, Logistics, Marketing, Finance, Human Resources, and many other fields. Company Overview
The Kroger Co. is the largest traditional grocer in the country with 82B in revenue and 328,000 associates. The company operates 2,476 supermarkets and multi-department stores in 31 states under two dozen local banners including Kroger, Ralphs, Fred Meyer, Food 4 Less, Fry’s, King Soopers, Smith’s, Dillons, QFC and City Market. Kroger associates also serve customers in 779 convenience stores, 393 fine jewelry stores and 737 supermarket fuel centers the Company operates. The Company also operates 41 food processing plants in the U.S.
Headquartered in Cincinnati, Ohio, The Kroger Co. focuses its charitable efforts on supporting hunger relief, health and wellness initiatives, and local schools and grassroots organizations in the communities it serves.
Posting Notes: OH || Blue Ash || 11450 Grooms Road || 45242 || Kroger General Office || CareerBuilder || Information Services and Systems || Employee || Exempt || Full-Time || None