The Art Institutes, with more than 45 locations in North America, is an important source of design, media arts, fashion, and culinary arts professionals.
The Art Institutes offer culinary arts curricula at more than 30 of The Art Institutes locations. The Art Institutes offers a broad range of programs and graduates are employed by companies and organizations of all types and size, including some of the most prominent companies in the United States, such as MTV, Time Warner, AT&T, Home Depot/EXPO Center, Lockheed Martin, Nordstrom, Nintendo of America, Walt Disney & Affiliates, Marriott, Yahoo Broadcast Services, Ernst & Young, Microsoft, Ford Motor Company, and the Fox Entertainment Group.
Everything we wear, watch, and listen to was inspired by a creative person with a passion for new ideas. It’s that passion that drives the students and instructors at The Art Institutes. We offer a dynamic, creative work environment for our faculty and staff - a team dedicated to providing an excellent educational experience and to the success of our students. Our faculty has the best tools possible for delivering the rigorous, career-focused, learner-centered education for which The Art Institute is known. Our staff enjoys an open, team-based work environment where performance is rewarded and staff development highly valued. Together, we all demonstrate our commitment to our mission in everything we do!
Photography Instructor - Adjunct Faculty (Part-time)
The Art Institute of Tennessee - Nashville, a division of Education Management Corporation, is actively interviewing adjunct faculty members to join our dynamic team of educators.
The part time instructor facilitates meaningful learning of course competencies in the curriculum and proactively supports all facets of the learning environment. S/He provides education through learning-centered instruction that will enable graduates to fulfill the evolving needs of the market. S/He encourages a culture of learning that values mutual responsibility and respect, life-long learning and ethics as well as personal and professional development. This position is part time/adjunct only and requires a flexible availability to teach morning, evening and/or weekend classes.
The Art Institutes offer degrees in Industrial Design, Media Arts & Animation, Interior Design, Fashion Design, Fashion Marketing & Management, Game Art & Design, Graphic Design, Industrial Design, Digital Photography, Set and Exhibit Design, Web Design & Interactive Media, Visual Effects & Motion Graphics as well as our state of the art Culinary diploma and degree programs.
Reports To: Dean of System-Wide Programs, Academic Department Director
Interacts With: Academic affairs department, other school/campus functional areas, curriculum task force and other committees, other faculty, and students
Key Job Elements:
Job Requirements:1. Knowledge:
- Provides competency-based education which aligns with the EDMC model of curricula as well as supports the EDMC style of system delivery.
- Designs and delivers class instruction through the development of instructional plans to meet course competencies, the development of activities which support lesson objectives, and (in the case of online instructors ONLY) delivers the instruction as approved.
- Enables the achievement of pre-described exit competencies for student achievement and evaluation of learning by providing instruction which fosters competencies and establish student performance criteria and evaluation.
- Delivers learning-centered instruction by establishing a classroom environment conducive to learning and student involvement as well as effectively planning and preparing for classes and student success.
- Promotes student success by showing flexibility in style and work schedule as well as exhibiting a passion for teaching and students and engaging students in the learning process.
- Manages the learning environment through keeping accurate records, submitting grades and other reports on time, and enforcing school/campus academic and attendance policies.
- Contributes to a learning culture by participating on curriculum and system task forces, supporting local campus events such as orientation and graduation, and participating in various other workshops and meetings.
- Relates professional/life/industry experience to learning by the continuation of professional/technical skills development, the introduction of industry perspective into courses, and the active awareness of professional/industry trends and opportunities.
a) Bachelor’s degree in a field related to discipline of classes to be taught; terminal degree or Masters degree highly preferred.
b) One to two years experience in instruction or formalized education process, preferably in a post-secondary or college institution.
c) Membership in a professional association tied to area of instruction preferred.
a) Excellent verbal and written communication skills including the ability to build successful relationships with student populations.
b) Outstanding conflict resolution skills.
c) Demonstrated time management and detail-oriented skills
d) Computer based skills (i.e., software, analytical, and report writing skills
a) Ability to work effectively under pressure and to meet frequently occurring deadlines.Job Summary: The incumbent must assure that the EDMC philosophy: quality services to clients; development, growth, involvement, and recognition of employees; sound economic principles; and environment which is conducive to innovation, positive thinking and expansion - is considered in carrying out the key job elements and responsibilities of this position.
b) Ability to develop a professional rapport with diverse school/campus constituents.
c) Ability to develop and complete projects without continued direct supervision
d) Ability to learn from students’ participation, demonstrates fair and consistent behavior in all matters, and shows compassion without being ineffectual.
|For your privacy and protection, when applying to a job online:|
Never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction. Learn More >>
By applying to a job using CareerBuilder.com you are agreeing to comply with and be subject to the CareerBuilder.com Terms and Conditions for use of our website. To use our website, you must agree with the Terms and Conditions and both meet and comply with their provisions.