Senior Warehouse Associate
The Sr Warehouse Associate performs receiving, stock keeping, picking, packing, and shipping activities. Also responsible for counter sales, housekeeping and related quality assurance activities. Exhibits a higher level of responsibility.
• Physically handle incoming shipments
• Verify purchased products and enter order receipts into WESCOM as requires.
• Perform special customer quality assurance inspections when appropriate.
• Segregate backorders and place received materials in proper locations
• Pull, pack, weigh and label materials for shipment; prepare bills of lading and express receipts.
• Assist in loading trucks.
• Prepare local delivery records
• Maintain Return Material Authorization/Credit Memo (RMA/CM) forms pending return of materials.
• Inspect returned materials before completing balance of RMA/CM.
• Put all materials in correct location.
• Sweep/clean warehouse and trucking/parking area.
• Assemble/disassemble bins, racks, shelves, and tables as needed.
• Administer preventative maintenance programs to delivery vehicles and warehouse equipment to ensure proper functioning and safety practices for warehouse operations.
• Record verbal/written complaints from customers concerning dissatisfaction with product or service provided.
• Sell, assemble and pack over the counter sales.
• Assist in handling telephone inquiries/orders directed to the counter.Maintain counter stock as needed.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
• Ability to follow direction.
• Basic computer skills.
• Strong written and verbal communication skills.
• Knowledge of electrical, construction or mechanical products preferred EDUCATION High School Degree or Equivalent EXPERIENCEWork in warehouse/distribution environment.
WESCO International is a leader in industrial supply with an extensive offering of electrical, data communications, general maintenance, repair, and operating (MRO) and electrical OEM products. We are more than just an electrical distributor; we are a company of procurement specialists, helping customers lower supply chain costs, increase efficiency through WESCO Value Creation and save energy with green and sustainability initiatives. Our network of branches delivers industrial supply products fast, and our vast catalog of supplier partners enables WESCO to be your one-stop shop for electrical and MRO products. As a Fortune 500 company, our industrial supply solutions leverage our buying power and extensive procurement experience that leaders across a broad range of industries trust to deliver value, service and results that exceed customer expectations.