Substation Supervising Consulting Engineer
Precision Resource Company is currently seeking a Substation Supervising Consulting Engineer for a direct hire position located in Austin, TX.
Provide management systems and technical direction to a specific engineering & design business for the purpose of delivering safe, cost-effective, and quality engineering & design services. Manage specific engineering & design business revenue and profitability goals. Manage engineering projects for clients or projects assigned to your profit center, or assign projects/activities to your team with the understanding that you are ultimately responsible for their performance. Provide high-level overview, expertise and direction on complex engineering and technical problems in the area of expertise for the management of domestic and/or international engineering projects. Personnel responsibilities include carrying out such programs as affirmative action, training, performance appraisal, compensation, employee recruiting, succession planning and adherence to standards of conduct. EXPECTATIONS
- Provide management leadership to ensure the availability of a skilled, qualified, and motivated workforce by:
- Displaying effective leadership skills in motivating, rewarding, and assisting individuals through the use of innovative techniques and effective management systems;
- Ensuring that individuals have the training, tools, personal equipment, work environment, and technical support to optimize their performance and achieve desired results;
- Providing individuals with honest and constructive feedback, assistance in setting priorities, and opportunities for personal and professional development;
- Creating an environment where team performance is more important than individual performance.
- Manage the portfolio of technical disciplines within the specific engineering & design area and alter the technical capabilities of the department to or in anticipation of changing market conditions. Ensure that all staffing and utilization goals are met;
- Ensure Projects and proposals (or assigned aspects of a project or proposal) falling within the responsibility of your team are managed in accordance with the schedule and budget. Ensure deviations from the schedule/budget are communicated up front with either the Client or Project Manager (depending on the project or activity’s org structure).
- Provide technical leadership to ensure that all specific engineering services are provided per applicable professional codes and standards by :
- Providing technical direction to project teams on complex multi-disciplined projects;
- Developing and maintaining engineering standards , work practices, and systems;
- Maintaining knowledge of the engineering and technical industry codes, standards, and best practices;
- Developing and maintaining knowledge of the current and future enablers, systems, and applications available in the industry to ensure continuous improvement.
- Ensure that client relations are properly maintained and companies market reputation is enhanced;
- Ensure appropriate estimating/ risk management input is provided for all business proposals and contract negotiations;
- Ensure a high degree of quality in all corporate and project activities, ensuring and encouraging appropriate levels or QA/QC are conducted and enforced;
- Adhere to and help advance comapnies corporate safety policy;
- Ensure administrative duties are carried out in accordance with company policy.
- Excellent organizational and planning skills;
- Demonstrated skills in verbal/written communications;
- Demonstrated negotiating and decision making skills;
- Demonstrated management and business skills;
- Demonstrated project management skills;
- Demonstrated skills in providing leadership, motivation, vision, and direction;
- High energy level with the ability to work in a fast paced, ambiguous environment;
- Proven success in developing and maintaining customer relationships;
- High commitment to achieving goals and plans.
Education, Licensing and Experience:
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Engineering from an accredited college or university;
- Registration as Professional Engineer;
- Significant experience at a professional level in electrical power systems engineering work related to planning, designing, and operating T&D systems which demonstrates a progressive development of competence;
- Membership in professional societies is desirable.
When you have Precision in your corner, you can‘t lose. With the speed of today’s business world, your perfect job could pass you by….
Finding more satisfying, more challenging, or more rewarding work is achievable. Momentum begins with Precision. We don’t just find jobs. We give you the power to break down barriers, reach for new opportunities and achieve goals.
With a 16-year track record matching professional talent to satisfying career paths, Precision knows that it’s not only what you can do that’s important, but what you want to do.
|For your privacy and protection, when applying to a job online:|
Never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction. Learn More >>
By applying to a job using CareerBuilder.com you are agreeing to comply with and be subject to the CareerBuilder.com Terms and Conditions for use of our website. To use our website, you must agree with the Terms and Conditions and both meet and comply with their provisions.
Precision Resource Company
Energy - Utilities - Gas - Electric
4 Year Degree