Company: CHRISTUS Continuing Care
Base Pay: N/A
Other Pay: N/A
Employee Type: Full-Time
Industry Type: Healthcare - Health Services
Job Type: Health Care
Required Education: Not Specified
Location: San Antonio, TX
|For your privacy and protection, when applying to a job online:|
Never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction. Learn More >>
By applying to a job using CareerBuilder.com you are agreeing to comply with and be subject to the CareerBuilder.com Terms and Conditions for use of our website. To use our website, you must agree with the Terms and Conditions and both meet and comply with their provisions.
Become part of a team that serves as the backbone of our entire health care system. As such, you can be assured of enjoying a rewarding career. CHRISTUS Health is dedicated to providing comprehensive care for all patients. We are one of the most respected health care systems in the nation that also offers a wide range of opportunities for individuals interested in non-clinical roles. CHRISTUS Health is committed to supporting the development needs of CHRISTUS leaders and Associates in order to help them realize a greater degree of personal and professional achievement and satisfaction. CHRISTUS is committed to providing a total compensation package to fulfill your health, body, mind, and spiritual needs. We support our health ctare teams with competitive compensation and an outstanding benefits package.
Registered professional nurse who assesses, implements or delegates, plans, and evaluates total nursing care and functions in accordance with established philosophy, providing and directing patient care for a group of patients. Relates effectively with other shifts/departments for optimal continuity of care. Provides clinical supervision for entry level nurses and assists in their development.
1. Uses critical thinking skills to assess the basic physical, psychological, social, cultural, spiritual, and developmental needs of patients and families. Communicates findings to appropriate healthcare team members.
a. Collects data from all applicable resources; organizes assessment data so that it is complete and accessible; and then documents findings (legibly) in the medical record or other appropriate documents.
b. Recognizes alterations in health status, anticipates onset of patient care crisis situation and communicates findings appropriately.
c. Assesses, reassesses, and manages pain.
2. Develops and uses a specific plan of care and modifies it to meet individual patient needs using evidence-based practices. Implements patient care and therapeutic procedures. Monitors and documents progression of treatment and teaching goals.
a. Identifies and prioritizes the patient’s present/potential problems.
b. Plans appropriate nursing interventions specific to the patient’s problems, incorporating the patient’s cultural, age-specific, and developmental needs.
c. Competently performs nursing interventions and procedures for the patient population (s) served consistent with scientific principles of nursing and policy and procedure.
d. Provides education to patients and family concerning diagnosis, treatment, and hospitalization.
e. Reviews and updates plan of care according to patient’s needs and/or regulatory agency requirements.
f. Documents and involves patient, family, and other healthcare workers in plan of care decisions in accordance with HIPAA requirements.
3. Evaluates the care and treatments provided to the patient and the patient response to the care and treatments. Performs timely re-assessment and documentation:
a. Evaluates patient’s response to treatment/care and modifies plan of care as needed.
b. Evaluates patient and/or significant others ability to perform self care and procedures prior to discharge.
c. Records patient’s response to prescribed treatment and other significant data.
1. Anticipates admission/discharge/transfer needs to facilitate patient flow.
a. Identifies potential/actual discharge/transfer needs of patients upon admission and as patients’ conditions change.
b. Identifies need for and/or follows-up on referrals to ensure identified problems are addressed.
c. Incorporates other disciplines into plan of care according to patient’s needs.
d. Evaluates patients and/or significant other’s understanding of discharge instructions based on ability to verbalize and/or give return demonstration.
e. Expedites admission/discharges/transfers.
f. Participates in a process of communication with the multi-disciplinary team to facilitate the progress of the patient through the continuum of care.
1. Registered Nurse with valid Texas license.
2. BLS certification required; ACLS certification highly desired/recommended. Current specialty certification as required.
3. Must have working knowledge of the nursing process as well as in depth knowledge of therapeutic, physical, psychosocial, spiritual, cultural, and developmental needs for a select category of patients.
4. Good communication skills, both written and verbal.
Requisition Number: 3007778
DIGNITY - Respect for
the worth of every person, recognition and commitment to the value of
diverse individuals and perspectives, and special concern for the poor
INTEGRITY - Honesty, justice, and consistency in
EXCELLENCE - High standards of service and
COMPASSION - Service in a spirit of empathy, love,
STEWARDSHIP - Wise and just use of talents and
in a collaborative manner.