Rockwell Automation (NYSE: ROK) is a leading global provider of automation, power, control and information solutions that help manufacturers achieve a competitive advantage in their businesses. With a focus on always putting customers first, anywhere in the world, the company helps manufacturers use automation and intelligent motor control and conversion technology as a means to get their products and services to market faster, reduce their total cost of ownership, better utilize power and plant-floor assets, and minimize the risks in their manufacturing environments.
Capabilities extend through partnerships with a network of 5,600 reliable, local companies in distribution, software and product referencing. Leading brands and strategic partnerships uniquely qualify Rockwell Automation to deliver industry solutions to 80 countries around the world.
Responsible for successfully planning, controlling and managing project deliverables to ensure that customer needs are met. Manage the efforts of team members and third party vendors. Manage the integration and/or development and delivery of deliverables directly to the customer, or in support of a major enterprise-wide project.
• May participate in development of business team strategic plan.
• Performs all aspects of project management functions for customer projects, including commercial responsibility as well as technical.
• Manages execution of assigned projects within margin targets.
• Manages and reports all financial aspects of assigned projects.
• May apply complex and advanced project management and scheduling techniques.
• Leads efforts of project personnel on complex projects.
• Coaches and helps develop less-experienced engineers assigned to projects.
• Leads project teams typically employing up to 20 engineering professionals and coordinates activities with support teams and other capabilities.
• May lead internal project process improvement efforts.
• Responsible for resource scheduling to meet project plan requirements.
• Negotiates change orders with customers.
• Serves as the primary interface with customer, sales and other Rockwell Automation entities for assigned projects.
• Supports an environment conducive to successful team interaction.
• Must have excellent negotiation skills.
• Responsible for the plan, budget, structure, schedule and staffing for projects which are of significant and strategic importance to the customer and corporation.
• Acts as Rockwell Automation representative for assigned projects.
• Complete responsibility for successful outcome of projects. Manages single projects up to $2M and a multiple project portfolio of up to 20 projects with a total value up to $4M.
• Responsible for managing subcontracts that include labor and/or fixed price deliverables.
• Responsible for meeting project schedule, margin, and customer satisfaction targets.
• Builds partnerships at the business management level of key customers.
• Often leads efforts to prepare commercial strategy for complex system applications.
• Responsible for following all applicable corporate, company, governmental and regulatory policies and procedures as appropriate for this position.
• BS in Engineering discipline or equivalent knowledge; further education in business administration, operations, or project management is a plus.
• Minimum five years experience in a systems, software, process automation or application engineering capacity with four thousand five hundred hours of documented project management experience.
• Project Management Professional (PMP) certification is desirable
• Sixty hours of formal PMI based Project Management training is desirable.
• Extensive experience with direct customer contact.
• Typically possesses industry, application or technology knowledge relevant to assigned business or geography.
• Must be able to work in a stressful environment where constructive feedback from others is encouraged
• Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Must have excellent conflict resolution and people interface skills.
• Must perform duties in the office as part of a project team.
• Must be available and willing to work overtime, weekends and holidays to meet customer project commitments.
• Must be able and willing to travel and work at customer sites, including industrial plants, ships, etc., which may require climbing, working in confined spaces and other unusual work environments.
• Possess critical competencies as defined in the Project Manager Competency Profile.
EOE, M/F/Disabled, Vet
Apply Now >>
Report this job
|For your privacy and protection, when applying to a job online:|
Never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction. Learn More >>
By applying to a job using CareerBuilder.com you are agreeing to comply with and be subject to the CareerBuilder.com Terms and Conditions for use of our website. To use our website, you must agree with the Terms and Conditions and both meet and comply with their provisions.