Susquehanna has an excellent opportunity for a Trade Finance Specialist - Capital Markets.
This position leads Susquehanna Bancshares, Inc. in its goal to enhance the value of traditional banking by providing superior service to both internal and external customers by supporting the preparation, processing and administration of all interest rate, foreign exchange and letter of credit transactions originated from within the Capital Markets department.
Primary Job Functions include but are not limited to the following:
• Serve as staff in support of Global Trade Services department staff to document, structure, execute and administer all aspects of international and standby letter of credit transactions.
• Engage with correspondent banks, customers, and both internal and external counsel in managing international Letter of Credit matters to insure successful transactions.
• Interact with other internal departments, as needed.
• Serve as key support for international letter of credit transactions and manage the associated documentation and administrative processing as required.
• Serve as backup administrator for upstream correspondent bank online trade software packages. Determine all necessary documents and processes needed for a specific request.
• Review all applications and documentation for accuracy and adherence to department and Bank procedures.
• Determine all transaction coding and ensure proper entry into core system and general ledger system.
• Confirm accuracy of correspondent bank billing and prepare customer payment advices as per current billing rates.
• Confirm accuracy of accounting with respect to proper general ledger account and cost center.
• Monitor correspondent bank online trade system in all phases of completion to keep transactions moving forward and assuring progress.
• Participate in professional education/development opportunities to maintain and grow relevant knowledge and skills.
The ideal candidate will possess the following:
• College degree in Business, Finance or related discipline desired.
• Minimum of 3-5 years of experience with international and / or standby Letter of Credit transactions preferred.
• Possess a basic understanding of international Letter of Credit transactions and their associated documentation is preferred.
• Banking, documentation and/or experience supporting a Letter of Credit department is preferred.
• Familiarity with at least one of the following ICC Publication(s) UCP600, ISP98 and/or ISBP.
• The ability to work independently and accurately to accomplish the responsibilities of this position, while also striving to identify and implement work flow efficiencies.
• Familiarity with Incoterms 2010 is preferred.
• Familiarity with Import, Export, and/or Standby LC procedures and documentation is preferred.
• Proficient use of “SWIFT” is a plus.
• Working knowledge and familiarity MS Office Suite and JHA Silverlake are preferred.
• Strong organizational, analytical, and problem-solving skills.
• The ability to prioritize multiple tasks and shifting priorities while producing quality work within established deadlines.
• The ability to work in a multi-task production environment.
Susquehanna Bancshares, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status. Susquehanna also complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination.
Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCP here.
Susquehanna is a regional financial services holding company with assets of approximately $17.5 billion. It includes a commercial bank that provides financial services at more than 250 office locations in the Mid-Atlantic region. Through Susquehanna Wealth Management, the company offers investment, fiduciary, brokerage, insurance, retirement planning and private banking services. Susquehanna also operates an insurance and employee benefits company, a commercial finance company, and a vehicle leasing company. Our extensive portfolio of financial products and services is managed locally to provide maximum value to our customers and communities.
A company as diverse and growth-oriented as Susquehanna Bancshares requires a diverse and growth-oriented workforce. Our mission is to help customers achieve their financial goals, to deliver a superior return for shareholders, and to build the economic strength of our communities.
To achieve our Mission, we strive to build enduring relationships with customers, coworkers, shareholders and neighbors by delivering exceptional personal service every day, in every way. We're looking for people who are willing to change and grow with the company, by learning about and responding to people's individual needs, communicating openly and with integrity, working in an honest and ethical manner, and respecting and appreciating those around us.
|For your privacy and protection, when applying to a job online:|
Never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction. Learn More >>
By applying to a job using CareerBuilder.com you are agreeing to comply with and be subject to the CareerBuilder.com Terms and Conditions for use of our website. To use our website, you must agree with the Terms and Conditions and both meet and comply with their provisions.