Director, Trauma Program
Job is located in Fresno, CA.
THIS POSITION IS LOCATED IN FRESNO, CACommunity Regional Medical Center
We provide central California residents with the highest level of care available in the region. Our affiliation with University of California San Francisco Medical School – one of the top medical schools in the nation – gives you access to some of the brightest medical specialists in the country. And our ongoing investment in technology offers you leading-edge treatments.We’re known for having the only combined Level I and comprehensive burn center between Sacramento and Los Angeles and for having the region’s first Lung Nodule program designed to expedite care for lung cancer patients.Director, Trauma Program
The Director of the Trauma Program is responsible for the overall management of the Trauma Program, Transfer Center, and Terry’s House at Community Regional Medical Center. Assures that all regulatory requirements related to trauma centers and patient transfer issues are attained and maintained.The ESSENTIAL ACCOUNTABILITIES of the Director, Trauma Program
- Organizes services and systems necessary for the multidisciplinary approach to the care of the traumatically injured patient.
- Coordinates with all clinical departments to develop guidelines, protocols and clinical pathways for the trauma patient.
- Coordinates the development of guidelines, protocols and policies for the Transfer Center.
- Provides overall supervision for trauma and transfer center specific databases, including the hospital trauma registry, the transfer center electronic log, and the direct admit log.
- Collaborates with the medical directors in carrying out the educational, clinical, research, administrative and outreach activities of the Trauma Program.
- Responsible for unit operation, staff scheduling / position control and coordination of the Trauma Program Office and Transfer Center personnel.
- Provides oversight of the budget and operations of Terry’s House.
- Participates in fund raising and public relations activities related to Terry’s House.
- Serves as a liaison with hospital administration and physicians for all Trauma Program, Terry’s House and Transfer Center related issues.
- Applies advanced, broad-based knowledge of nursing practice and theory; as well as advanced knowledge of techniques of supervision, management and leadership as applied to specific nursing responsibilities.
- Hospital and business operations fundamentals.
- Management principles, theories, practices.
- Financial and budgeting operations.
- Area/program laws, regulations and professional standards.
- Preparation and clinical experience in the care of the adult and/or pediatric trauma patient
- Solid knowledge of Trauma Center regulatory and verification requirements.
- Solid understanding and knowledge of EMTALA / HAS regulations and compliance issues.
- Interpretation and application of laws, regulations and professional standards for program/service area.
- Excellent oral and written communication and customer service skills.
- Presentation development and delivery.
- Handling sensitive or controversial issues.
- Reading, analyzing and interpreting professional program/service area material and financial reports.
Bachelor's Degree in Nursing. Four or more years of recent clinical or managerial experience in Critical Care, ED or Trauma. Two years experience in Trauma system. Experience in Trauma registry maintenance. Experience in planning and presenting educational programs. Experience in planning and implementing Quality Improvement projects.
- Master's preferred.
- TCNN and ATCN provider preferred.
Current California RN license. Current BLS certification.
Community Regional Medical Center is truly unrivaled in the region and measures up with top hospitals nationally. Located on a 58-acre campus in downtown Fresno, Community Regional is an academic-affiliated medical center with more than 600 beds. Its 56,000-square-foot emergency department is one of the largest and busiest in California, and it is home to the region's only comprehensive burn and Level 1 trauma centers.
Since completing a 340,000-square-foot, six-story trauma and critical care building in 2007, Community Regional has added a 52-bed Neuroscience Center of Excellence dedicated to brain and spine patients, a 50-bed cardiovascular unit with state-of-the-art monitoring equipment and private rooms, and a 84-bed Level III neonatal intensive care unit for the most fragile newborns.
Report this job
Community Regional Medical
US-AZ-Relocate to Fresno, CA
Healthcare - Health Services
Ref ID: MW-JB77NF6YV27LMY6VPGK
- Medical (PPO & HMO)
- Dental (PPO & HMO)
- Prescription Drugs
- Flexible Spending Account – Health Care and Dependent Care
- Life Insurance, Accidental Death and Dismemberment Coverage
- Long-Term Disability Insurance
- Pension Plan
- 403B Tax Sheltered Annuity
- Long Term Care Insurance
- Educational Reimbursement
- Employee Assistance Program
- Credit Union
Instantly fax your resume online!
Ref ID: REF ID Information