Sr. DevOps Engineer :: Washington, DC
HireStrategy is a full-service professional staffing firm providing contract, direct hire and executive search solutions for employers in the Washington DC area. Our diverse client base represents a wide range of industries, including technology and media, financial services, professional services, energy & green technology, federal services, education and non-profit organizations.
Our recruiters specialize in providing candidates with personalized career management advice and placement services in the Technology, Finance & Accounting, Sales & Marketing, Recruiting & HR and Administrative fields.
HireStrategy has been ranked the No. 1 staffing firm in the Washington DC area, honored by Inc. magazine as one of the 500 fastest-growing firms in the country and named a "Future 50" firm by Washington SmartCEO magazine. We've also been recognized as a "Great Place to Work" by the Washington Business Journal, as well as a "Best Place to Work" by Washingtonian magazine.
Learn More about HireStrategy
Visit Our Website
This HireStrategy client is recognized last year as one of the fastest growing companies in the country, and it's success has been built on is SaaS product for Supply Chain Management, essentially revolutionizing the retail industry.
We are conducting a search for a Sr. DevOps Engineer.
The Senior Dev Ops Engineer will be responsible for automation, automation, automation. The position is ideal for entrepreneurial candidates who are interested in working in a start-up environment and would like to gain knowledge and experience in the tech world.
This position is located in the company headquarters in the DC Metro area.
- Install, configure, tune, and monitor cloud-based Linux servers
- Install, configure, tune, and monitor a variety of services including:
- Web servers such as Apache, Nginx, and Unicorn
- Database servers including MySQL, MongoDB, and Redis
- Utility services like HAProxy
- Automate the above using tools like Puppet or Chef
- Monitor capacity usage of server and network resources and plan for future needs
- Assist developers in deployment of Ruby on Rails applications
- Ensure security of production systems
- Other duties as assigned from time to time by your manager
Report this job
- 10 years of Linux administration
- Experience with Puppet or Chef
- Experience with services mentioned above
- Attention to detail
- Ability to communicate clearly
- Focus on automation
- A Bachelor’s degree from a 4 year college (or equivalent) is preferred
Not yet ready ?
|For your privacy and protection, when applying to a job online:|
Never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction. Learn More >>
By applying to a job using CareerBuilder.com you are agreeing to comply with and be subject to the CareerBuilder.com Terms and Conditions for use of our website. To use our website, you must agree with the Terms and Conditions and both meet and comply with their provisions.