For nurses who prefer to blaze their own career path.
Nursing careers at UnitedHealth Group are anything but ordinary. There’s an energy and excitement here, a shared mission to improve the lives of others as well as our own. A passion for excellence you won’t find anywhere else. We ask tough questions. We push ourselves and each other to find smarter solutions. The result is a culture of performance that’s driving the health care industry forward. Nursing here isn’t for everybody. Instead of seeing a handful of patients each day, your work may affect millions for years to come. Ready for a new path? Learn more, and start doing your life’s best work.SM
Care Team Coordinator for WellMed in San Antonio, TX
Under the supervision of the Corporate MMOM and working closely with the Clinical Care Analyst, this position is responsible for the daily coordination of all Interdisciplinary Team Conference (IDTC) processes. This position serves the referral coordinator, scheduler and meeting organizer. Coordinates IDTC processes with WellMed Medical Directors, Care Coordination Nurses both telephonic and in the market, physicians, all members of the Care Coordination Team and other departments. Provides clerical support to clinical staff in their preparation and facilitation of scheduled conferences. Compiles and maintains all data used by the Care Coordination Supervisor to make team assignments. Compiles and distributes other needed reporting for all Care Coordination process for corporate and market level.
Essential Job Functions
- Responsible for compiling, managing and sorting data to facilitate weekly IDT Conferences in each market.
- Communicates timely information relevant to scheduled conferences to all members of the Interdisciplinary Care Team via email, phone or fax.
- Coordinates all aspects of IDTC from data mining and reporting by market, scheduling, notification to members, preparing agenda and recording of minutes.
- Ensures member notification of conference is timely and facilitates special arrangements if member requests participation.
- Monitors data and reporting to ensure all members are included in an annual IDTC for care plan review to maintain compliance with CMS regulations.
- Maintains knowledge of benefits, network, CMS regulations and WellMed policies.
- Conducts Provider education sessions on IDTC processes.
- Participates in market Patient Care Committees as needed for clerical support.
- Assist Clinical Care Analyst with maintenance of member data for reporting and team assignments.
- Maintains DM data and performs weekly reporting to the care teams within the markets and telephonic staff to assist with management of case loads.
- Performs all other related duties as assigned.
- Non-clinical staff is not responsible for conducting any Care Coordination activity that requires interpretation of clinical information.
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent required.
- Two or more years of related experience required.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office applications to include Word, Excel, Visio, PowerPoint and Outlook required.
- Medical terminology knowledge required.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Strong attention to detail and excellent organizational skills required.
- Must have the ability to multi-task in a fast paced and deadline driven environment.
- Must be able to maintain professionalism and a positive service attitude at all times
- Ability to facilitate process completion within specific time parameters.
WellMed is a healthcare delivery system serving more than 90,000 patients, primarily Medicare eligible seniors, in Texas and Florida through primary care clinics, multi-specialty clinics, and contracted medical management services. Headquartered in San Antonio, Texas, WellMed is an industry leader in medical risk management, highly effective disease management and chronic care programs, healthcare delivery services and more.
Our focus and mission is to help the sick become well and to help patients understand and control their health in a lifelong effort at wellness. We are innovators in preventative healthcare, striving to change the face of healthcare delivery for seniors. Our providers and support staff are selected for their dedication to the senior population and focus on preventative, proactive patient care.
WellMed is now part of the OptumHealth division under the greater UnitedHealth Group umbrella.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment. In addition, employees in certain positions are subject to random drug testing.
|For your privacy and protection, when applying to a job online:|
Never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction. Learn More >>
By applying to a job using CareerBuilder.com you are agreeing to comply with and be subject to the CareerBuilder.com Terms and Conditions for use of our website. To use our website, you must agree with the Terms and Conditions and both meet and comply with their provisions.
Job Category: Nurse
Job Reference Code: UHG-551716
Position Type: Full-Time