Engineering Data Support Administrator
Engineering Data Support Administrator Irvine, California
The Thales IFEC product and service offering is an end-to-end solution that supports our customers before, during and after the flight. We have sold over 1800 systems to more than 75 world airlines, and we are installing an estimated 120 aircraft each year. In visiting one of our facilities, you will see our 'Make it Brilliant' poster. This is the mantra our employees chose for the Thales IFEC business which reflects our passion to be the BEST.
Our organization is made up of many diverse cultures which together represent the best of what the world has to offer. With customer satisfaction at the heart of our work principles, we focus on the unique differences of our customers with the goal of making our products an important part of their brand.
Purpose of Job
Supports the processing of incoming and outgoing material used in customer system labs.
• Receives material from Facility 01 via MTO in Manage 2000
• Processes received material into the Toolwatch system
• Delivers material to appropriate labs
• Processes material out of Toolwatch
• Transfers material to Facility 01 via MTO in M2K
• Tracks status of consigned material repairs
• Supports ongoing material inventories
• High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or one to three months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
• Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
• Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
Thales Avionics Inc. – IFS offers an excellent benefits package which includes medical, dental, vision, 401K, PTO, Basic Life and AD&D, Short and Long Term Disability, Business Travel Accident Insurance, International Medical Benefits, Flexible Spending Accounts and an Educational Assistance Program, just to name a few of the offerings.
Thales Avionics is a diverse workplace and is an equal opportunity employer. We conduct pre-employment drug testing.
No unsolicited or mailed in resumes will be accepted.
Whenever critical decisions need to be made, Thales has a role to play. In all the markets we serve – aerospace, space, ground transportation, security and defence – our understanding of the Critical Decision Chain helps customers to decide and act in a timely fashion and obtain the best outcomes.
World-class technologies and the combined expertise of 65,000 employees in 56 locally based country operations make Thales a key player in assuring the security of citizens, infrastructure and nations.