Golden 1, California’s leading credit union, is seeking an Accounting Manager for the Accounting Department at the credit union’s Headquarters in Sacramento.
The Accounting Manager is responsible for adapting accounting functions and procedures for changes in operational activities, credit union products, and technology uses. Other primary responsibilities of the position include: participating with other departments to ensure that accounting activities are accurately reflected and flow properly through accounting systems; ensuring that processes and flows are in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP); maintaining general ledger systems; preparing timely reports and reconciliations for both internal and external use; assisting management in identifying opportunities to streamline procedures, increase timeliness, and improve accuracy; providing input to management on assignments that match employees’ skills, experience, and career development goals; and leading projects with assistance from employees from Accounting and other departments.
Salary is DOE.
- Bachelor's degree in accounting or a related field (CPA or master’s degree preferred)
- Five years or more of progressively responsible accounting management experience in a financial institution or equivalent
- Project management and financial analysis experience
- Accounting and operational management skills
- Strong oral and written communication skills, research, analytical, and organization skills, presentation skills, and interpersonal skills
- Knowledge of credit union/banking industry practices, including practical data processing, accounting principles, auditing standards, and business administration
- Knowledge of current credit union products, services, and overall operational guidelines
- Strong personal computer skills, including proficiency in Microsoft Word and Excel
- The ability to travel locally, statewide, and throughout the U.S. up to five times annually to develop and manage all aspects of the accounting area and to attend conferences, seminars, and meetings
- The ability to travel overnight and work evenings, as needed
The successful candidate will need to pass a pre-employment background check and drug screening.
Golden 1 Credit Union is an Equal Opportunity Employer offering excellent benefits including medical, dental, vision, and 401(k).
The Golden 1 Credit Union is California's leading financial cooperative, and the sixth largest credit union in the U.S. with more than $7 billion in assets and nearly 600,000 members. We have more than 80 branches, 270 ATMs and 30,000 network ATMs nationwide. Our non-cash offices are conveniently located within places of business you may already visit.
Founded by a group of California state employees in 1933, Golden 1 is a membership financial cooperative which is owned by its members. In keeping with the credit union philosophy of "people helping people," Golden 1 offers our members a wide range of low-cost consumer financial products and high-quality service.
We deliver financial solutions with value, convenience, and exceptional service.
A dynamic and trusted leader committed to enhancing the financial well-being of our members and diverse communities.