Senior Sales Executive (VA)
Company: Kuehne + Nagel
Employee Type: Full-Time
Job Type: Sales
The primary objective of the KN US Sales Organization is to ensure the growth of KN through the development of new business. The Senior Sales Executive is responsible for developing and maintaining large and/or strategic air and ocean sales in the assigned territory. The incumbent ensures that organizational goods or services consistently meet customer needs. Additionally, the Senior Sales Executive maximizes existing business through the development of new business via sales, product marketing, and customer support strategies; and achieving specific volume growth targets in the assigned areas of the business while performing sales and service support functions for targeted markets and programs.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Act as single point of contact for KN solutions and service sales across Sea & Air Logistics business fields within the assigned territory and customer base.
• Achieve Annual Gross Profit Expectation (GPE) above $750,000
• Sales solicitation of prospective “A” and “B”, level customers in primary markets.
• Proactive, continued development and servicing of existing customers, inclusive of vertical market(s) potential.
• Perform varied aspects of the sales process and input, update, and maintain all relevant activities utilizing VLog (KN Global CRM) daily. (REQUIRED).
• Continued maintenance and development of positive customer relations.
• Implementation of sales and marketing strategies for assigned territory/market(s).
• Maintaining up-to-date awareness of company activities, industry trends & government regulations.
• Conduct mutually agreed Quarterly Business Reviews with the customer and maintain close ongoing communication with customer and KN Operations to assure expectations are satisfied.
• Report to management in agreed intervals on market development, working and buying platforms.
• Meet and exceed annual Sales Performance Indicator (SPI) goals.
• Provide guidance to less senior level Field Sales personnel.
• Expand market / territory knowledge through direct telephone solicitation, cold calls, lead development and other local marketing activities.
• Maintain consistent outside customer visit activities (sales calls as indicated in the KN USA sales guideline document).
• Adhere to all policies listed in the KN US Sales Guidelines
• Additional duties as assigned by manager.
• Complex rate quotations, integrated solutions, Logistics planning, Operational Optimization
• Bachelor’s degree in Business or equivalent experience.
• Requires a minimum of 5 to 6 years sales field experience and current territory knowledge.
• Demonstrated negotiations and closing techniques
• Partnership oriented and experienced at selling to multiple levels of decision makers including C-level, Director and Regional Management teams.
• Solid PC operational knowledge along with Microsoft Office applications experience
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
• Well developed presentation skills and customer relations skills
• Outstanding organizational skills
• Good analytical skills
• Goal oriented, self-disciplined, and self-motivated to produce results
• Seasoned listening skills
• Outstanding Team Building and Leadership Skills.
• Proficiency in a second language a plus, but not required.
Please refer to the Job Description for the qualifications.
About Kuehne + Nagel
Kuehne + Nagel's superior service and integrated end-to-end supply chain management solutions help our customers turn their logistics challenges into a real competitive advantage.
Kuehne + Nagel has evolved from a traditional international freight forwarder to a leading global provider of integrated supply chain solutions for a comprehensive range of industries.
Visit Our Website >>
Not Ready to Apply?