Public Relations Manager
UPS, Inc. | Atlanta, GA | Posted 7/20/2014
The Public Relations Manager-Healthcare is responsible for protecting and advancing the company’s reputation and supporting key business priorities through the development of proactive and reactive communications strategies. This position serves as a member of the Public Relations team that oversees Healthcare segments.
The Public Relations Manager-Healthcare is responsible for developing strategic public relations plans annually for the segments, managing agency resources, budgets, and aligning efforts with other public relations activities. This position is responsible for monitoring media coverage results, and developing and maintaining media and third-party relationships. He/She serves as media spokesperson and responsible for the coordination of media pitching assignments. This position maximizes effectiveness and ensures messages consistently reach intended audiences.
- Coordinates with Segment Marketing and other subject matter experts to create content, share, and leverage materials across communications channels globally.
- Manages the development and execution of Public Relations (PR) plans to promote UPS’s capabilities in healthcare and Freight; coordinates with marketing teams, internal subject matter experts, and other communications teams to create content, share and leverage materials across communications channels globally.
- Develops and executes PR strategies, plans and programs to support new product development initiatives, including new service rollouts or pilots, and other customer/consumer-oriented news that positions UPS as leader in transportation and logistics services globally.
- Serves as spokesperson for general reactive media inquiries.
- Acts as liaison for information requests from the field.
- Writes press releases, talking points, position papers, and various materials to highlight current events that support UPS' business plan.
- Coordinates and approves work to be completed by PR agencies.
- Prepares media announcements on UPS’s business practices.
- Applies Service, Product, and Customer Technology Knowledge: Demonstrates a basic understanding of products, services, and customer facing technology solutions offered by UPS along with their features and business applications; describes general customer profiles targeted by the company.
- Budget Management: Tracks expenditures against financial targets; describes impact of area’s budget on organizational financial plan.
- Communication Design and Management: Designs messaging and visuals for appropriate audience; specifies needs and requirements for new communication programs; identifies and addresses logistical issues with communication programs.
- Multicultural Agility: Identifies cultural issues that may impact business needs or customer solutions; applies cultural sensitivity when interacting with others outside one’s own geography; leverages cultural awareness to address challenges when operating across different geographical areas; stays current on global and cultural trends.
- Project Management: Demonstrates understanding of implementation objectives, project plan, and one's role within a project; participates in the implementation of a project; provides timely, thorough and concise updates for area of responsibility; identifies areas of risk and properly communicates them to the project manager.
- Solicits and Gathers Information: Demonstrates a working knowledge of techniques for soliciting and gathering information; identifies appropriate sources of information.
- Technology Knowledge: Recognizes the basic impact of technology on UPS business, services, and processes; identifies technological barriers in achieving desired objectives; maintains appropriate breadth and depth of technological knowledge for current work assignment.
- Vendor/Supplier Management: Identifies internal customers’ needs and vendors to meet those needs; determines costs and benefits to UPS for vendors’ products, commodities, or services; creates bid proposals for vendor solicitation; analyzes vendor responses and develops recommendations for award.
- Bachelor’s degree – Preferred
- Healthcare background– Preferred
- Business to Business and/or Business to Customer experience - Preferred
- Experience with Public Relations tools (e.g., VOCUS, Sysomos, Insightpool, Twitter, Google+, Facebook, etc.) - Preferred
Not ready to apply?
Living your dreams makes the world work better.
Making the world work better. Faster. Smarter. As the leading package delivery company and global leader in supply chain solutions, we’re passionate about bringing better ways to orchestrate everything from complex international distribution networks to local business deliveries. That’s logistics. And that’s exactly what careers at UPS are all about.
Across the skies, oceans and borders, UPS team members deliver on that promise for billions of customers every day. We offer limitless opportunities in a huge range of career areas, so you’re sure to find roles that suit your dreams and your expertise, along with a lifetime of possibilities.
|For your privacy and protection, when applying to a job online:|
Never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction. Learn More >>
By applying to a job using CareerBuilder.com you are agreeing to comply with and be subject to the CareerBuilder.com Terms and Conditions for use of our website. To use our website, you must agree with the Terms and Conditions and both meet and comply with their provisions.