Employee FLSA Status:
Responsible for managing and directing the operation of assigned store to maximize sales and profitability. Role model and demonstrate the company's core values of respect, honesty, integrity, diversity, inclusion and safety of others. Essential Job Functions:
- Ensure that the store is providing the customer service that meets or exceeds Company standards and customer expectations.
- Responsible for recruiting, selecting and managing a team of sales oriented associates who perform at levels consistent with our corporate objectives. Assure that personnel processes (hiring, training, reviews, promotion, discipline, and termination) are carried out in a legal and ethical manner, and in accordance to Company Policy.
- Supervise all associates in a fair, consistent, impartial, and timely manner, in accordance with all EEOC guidelines.
- Support, uphold, and enforce all Company policies, and local, state, and federal laws and regulations.
- Ensure that the store maintains hours of operation as posted, operates within established inventory levels, salary budgets (and other controllables), and gross profit margins, to achieve maximum profitability. Accountable for building store sales and gross profit margins through implementation of corporate merchandising policies, procedures, and programs.
- Regularly complete price surveys of the competition and observes competitors for changes. Execute price changes in a timely fashion, per Company Policy.
- Maintain high standards of store image ensuring that the store is clean, well stocked, and ready for business.
- Responsible for building an environment of teamwork between store associates, supervisors, and vendors.
- Ensure information flows to all store associates and advises management of significant events affecting the store or the market.
- Must be able to perform essential job functions as required, with minimal supervision.
- Supervise and coach direct reports in the performance of their duties; completes performance reviews and provides feedback to direct reports.
- Must be able to perform the essential functions of this position with or without reasonable accommodation.
- 2-3 years experience working as an Assistant Manager in a retail setting and/or has successfully completed the Manager in Training program.
- Ability to travel independently.
- While performing the duties of this position, the employee is regularly required to stand, walk, climb, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl, and occasionally lift and/or move up to 35 pounds.
- Most stores are open seven days a week and 24 hours per day. Manager's workweek regularly consists of 48 plus hours per week. Managers are responsible to assure that the store is properly staffed at all times.
- Must have reliable source of transportation and the ability to be reached 24 hours a day 7 days a week.
Desired Position Qualifications:
- 2 years of retail Management experience
- 2 years of other nonretail transferrable Management experience
- Associate's or Bachelor's Degree
- Proficient computer skills
Education Level: High School Diploma/ GED Required
Required Travel: None
Required Certifications/Licenses: None
Position Type: Full-Time
Posting States: Alabama
Tom Thumb Jobs: Tom Thumb is always looking for exceptional Associates to work in our Florida and Alabama stores as well as our corporate office in Crestview, Florida. We offer competitive wages and benefits, a flexible schedule and room for career advancement. If you're interested in a job opportunity with Tom Thumb, we welcome you to complete an online application today.
The Kroger Family of Companies is the largest traditional grocer in the country with 82B in revenue and 339,000 associates. The company operates 2,476 supermarkets and multi-department stores in 31 states under two dozen local banners including Kroger, Ralphs, Fred Meyer, Food 4 Less, Fry’s, King Soopers, Smith’s, Dillons, QFC and City Market. Kroger associates also serve customers in 779 convenience stores, 393 fine jewelry stores and 737 supermarket fuel centers the Company operates. The Company also operates 41 food processing plants in the U.S.
Headquartered in Cincinnati, Ohio, The Kroger Family of Companies focuses its charitable efforts on supporting hunger relief, health and wellness initiatives, and local schools and grassroots organizations in the communities it serves.
Posting Notes: AL || Bay Minette || 34725 St Hwy 59(Box 10) || 36578 || Tom Thumb || CareerBuilder || Retail Operations; Store Management || Employee || Exempt || Full-Time ||
Kroger, one of the world's largest retailers, employs more than 368,000 associates who serve customers in 2,641 supermarkets and multi-department stores in 34 states and the District of Columbia under two dozen local banner names including Kroger, City Market, Dillons, Food 4 Less, Fred Meyer, Fry's, Harris Teeter, Jay C, King Soopers, QFC, Ralphs and Smith's. The company also operates 786 convenience stores, 327 fine jewelry stores, 1,218 supermarket fuel centers and 38 food processing plants in the U.S. Recognized by Forbes as the most generous company in America, Kroger supports hunger relief, breast cancer awareness, the military and their families, and more than 30,000 schools and grassroots organizations. Kroger contributes food and funds equal to 200 million meals a year through more than 80 Feeding America food bank partners. A leader in supplier diversity, Kroger is a proud member of the Billion Dollar Roundtable and the U.S. Hispanic Chamber's Million Dollar Club.
About Tom Thumb
Tom Thumb is based in Crestview , Florida with 116 stores in FL and AL.
We are always searching for individuals who share our passion for
customer service, fairness, respect, openness, leadership and honesty.
Whether you like working with people, numbers, ideas, food or
pharmaceuticals, you can find a match with us. And with stores and
offices in 32 states, we have opportunities for talented individuals
nationwide, whether in a booming metropolis like Atlanta or in a small
town like Martins Ferry, Ohio.
The communities we serve are as diverse as America itself, and that
diversity is reflected in our workforce. One of our greatest strengths
is the diversity of talented employees we attract. In fact, the quality
of our employees and the wide range of talents they bring to our
company give us a strong competitive advantage in the marketplace.
At Kroger, loyalty is a two-way street – to both our customers and our
employees. We offer competitive wages, health insurance, a solid 401(k)
program, flexible hours and generous vacation time. And…more
importantly, we promote from within whenever possible. Our roster
includes leaders who began their careers bagging groceries.
We seek out and welcome employees who are a part of, not apart from,
their communities. Our employees are active participants in the
community, working with schools, churches, and civic organizations. We
treasure teamwork: between us and our employees; our employees and our
customers; and between all of us and our communities.
|For your privacy and protection, when applying to a job online:|
Never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction. Learn More >>
By applying to a job using CareerBuilder.com you are agreeing to comply with and be subject to the CareerBuilder.com Terms and Conditions for use of our website. To use our website, you must agree with the Terms and Conditions and both meet and comply with their provisions.