The Consultant works as part of a consulting team with peers and senior staff. The Consultant will support multiple projects including school and community based services cost reporting and serve as a primary client contact on these engagements. The Consultant will be expected to assist in the supervision and development of staff. He/she must produce quality work, meet client goals and objectives and develop solutions to client problems in a timely manner. Consultants must be able to draw sound conclusions based on data analysis and communicate findings effectively, both in person and in writing.
- Understand complex federal regulations and requirements and analyze and interpret federal and state law and regulation.
- Review state agency business operations for service and provide efficiency improvements.
- Assess best practices and compliance errors and provide technical assistance to clients.
- Lead proposal writing teams, including writing sections, coordinating efforts, and preparing proposal submissions.
- Prepare other written reports and materials for clients.
- Manage daily project functions and client interaction.
- Attention to detail and ability to work with large data sets with accurate results.
- Ability to move projects forward within a specific timeline and budget while working at a detailed level.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Strong Microsoft Office applications skills.
- Commitment to exceptional client service.
- Creative problem-solving ability and a consultancy mindset.
- Dedication to accomplishing goals and challenges presented by clients and management.
- Ability to interact with various levels of management and with clients.
- Flexible, self-starter possessing intellectual curiosity.
- Enthusiasm for life-long learning and staying well-informed about current business issues.
- Able to follow, critically evaluate, and improve upon current processes.
- Excellent business writing skills and ability to make presentations to various audiences.
- Ability to recognize issues and identify solutions.
- 5+ years of relevant work experience, preferably from a health insurance, hospital, or state health and human service agency industry is strongly preferred.
- Bachelor's degree is required, Master's degree is preferred.
- Experience analyzing and reporting on large health or human service datasets.
- Demonstrated expertise in government is preferred.
- Prior experiences working with health insurers, hospitals, or state health and human service agencies are strongly encouraged to apply.
Ability to work overtime and travel to client sites (approximately 50%) required.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY POLICY STATEMENT
41 C.F.R. Section 60-741.44(a); 60-300.44(a)
Public Consulting Group, Inc. complies with Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, as amended, which prohibits discrimination by Federal government contractors and subcontractors against individuals on the basis of disability and requires affirmative action on behalf of qualified individuals with disabilities. Public Consulting Group, Inc. also complies with the Vietnam Era Veterans Readjustment Act of 1974, as amended by the Jobs for Veterans Act of 2002, 38 U.S.C. 4212 (VEVRAA), which prohibits employment discrimination against protected veterans by covered Federal contractors and subcontractors and requires each covered Federal contractor and subcontractor to take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment these veterans.
If you have a disability or are a veteran covered by the program, please notify us by contacting a Human Resources representative. Submission of this information is voluntary, and your refusal to provide it will not cause you to be subjected to harassment, intimidation, threats, coercion, or discrimination because you engage or may engage in any of the following activities:
- 1. Filing a complaint;
- 2. Assisting or participating in an investigation, compliance evaluation, hearing, or any other activity related to the administration of Section 503 or VEVRAA or any other Federal, state, or local law requiring equal opportunity for individuals with disabilities or protected veterans;
- 3. Opposing any act or practice made unlawful by Section 503 or VEVRAA or their implementing regulations or any other Federal, state, or local law requiring equal opportunity for protected veterans or individuals with disabilities; or
- 4. Exercising any other right protected by VEVRAA or by Section 503 or their implementing regulations.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY - AFFIRMATIVE ACTION POLICY
Public Consulting Group, Inc. pledges full support to the Affirmative Action Program and policy of nondiscrimination and equal opportunity in compliance with Executive Order 11246, as amended, as well as applicable state and local laws, directives, and regulations. Public Consulting Group, Inc. recruits, hires, trains, and promotes persons in all job titles without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, disability, or protected veteran status. We ensure that hiring and promotion decisions are in accord with equal employment opportunity principles by imposing only requirements that are job related and do not have an adverse impact, and that other employment decisions further the principle of equal employment opportunity. Public Consulting Group, Inc. ensures that all personnel actions such as compensation, benefits, company-sponsored training, education, tuition assistance, transfer, demotion, termination, layoff, return from layoff, and social and recreational programs are administered without regard to protected group status.
Equal opportunity can only be achieved through demonstrated leadership and aggressive implementation of a viable Affirmative Action Program. Our Affirmative Action Program sets forth specific affirmative action and equal employment opportunity responsibilities of managers, supervisors, and all employees. It is incumbent that employees not discriminate in any policy, practice, or procedure on the basis of protected group status. All employees are expected to make every reasonable effort to carry out their Affirmative Action Program responsibilities in spirit, as well as in letter, to assure that equal opportunity is available to all. We further expect all employees to demonstrate sensitivity to, and respect for, all other employees and to demonstrate commitment to the Company's equal employment opportunity and affirmative action objectives.
Administrative responsibility for this vital Affirmative Action Program, including regular monitoring and periodic reporting to top management, is delegated to EO Administrator Public Consulting Group, Inc.. This program is available for review upon request by any applicant or employee by contacting the EO Administrator during regular business hours.
William S. Mosakowski, President
Public Consulting Group, LLC
Public Consulting Group (PCG) provides industry-leading management consulting and technology to help public sector education, health, human services, and other government clients achieve their performance goals and better serve populations in need. Founded in 1986 and headquartered in Boston, Massachusetts, Public Consulting Group (PCG) has more than 1,100 professionals in 44 offices around the U.S., in Canada, and in Europe who are dedicated to delivering leading consulting approaches and technologies to public sector clients.
Not Ready To Apply?