Certified Occupational Therapy Assistant/ COTA PRN
If you take pride in your work and want to help people achieve their long-term goals, then we want you to join our team at Dynamic Rehab! We are a rehabilitation and skilled nursing center known for its commitment to enhance every patient’s quality of life. At Dynamic Rehab our main goal is to help our patients and employees achieve their highest potential. We believe that for our patients to receive the best possible rehabilitation, our employees must be happy and enthusiastic about their roles. Therefore, we offer our employees an extensive selection of high quality benefit programs at low costs as part of our commitment to create a workplace where employee satisfaction is a priority.
Job Responsibilities As a Certified Occupational Therapist Assistant, you will help injured workers re-enter the labor force and teach them how to compensate for lost motor skills. You will also help individuals with learning disabilities increase their independence through therapy activities that fit their needs and capabilities. Another essential aspect of a Certified Occupational Therapist Assistant’s work is to observe and record patients’ progress, attitudes and behavior, and maintain this information in client records. Additional responsibilities include:
- Monitoring patients’ performance in therapy activities and providing encouragement
- Instructing or assisting in the instruction of patients and families in home programs, basic living skills and the care and use of adaptive equipment
- Implementing or assisting occupational therapists with the implementation of treatment plans
- Evaluating the daily living skills and capacities of physically, developmentally or emotionally disabled patients
- Aiding patients in dressing and grooming themselves
- Reporting to supervisors, verbally or in writing, on patients’ progress, attitudes and behavior
- Communicating and collaborating with other health care professionals involved with the care of a patient
- Maintaining and promoting a positive attitude toward clients and their treatment programs
Certified Occupational Therapy Assistant ( COTA )
Report this job
Not ready to apply?
As a Certified Occupational Therapy Assistant with Dynamic Rehab, you must be able to physically assist patients. You must be a self-starter who truly believes in the service that you provide for the people who come through our facility. You must also have a nice, friendly personality and show respect to not only those you treat, but the staff with whom you work as well. Additional requirements include:
Report this job
- Degree in the Healing Arts and certification in the state of Florida
- Possessing basic computer skills for tasks such as data entry and billing
- Understanding the basic elements involved in making a splint
- Being able to lift at least 50 lbs.
- Being a professional and ethical team player
Not ready to apply?
Headquartered in Florida, Dynamic Rehab provides therapy rehab services to patients located in skilled nursing facilities throughout Florida.
We offer our employees an extensive selection of high quality benefits programs at low costs as part of our commitment towards creating a workplace where employee satisfaction is a priority.
|For your privacy and protection, when applying to a job online:|
Never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction. Learn More >>
By applying to a job using CareerBuilder.com you are agreeing to comply with and be subject to the CareerBuilder.com Terms and Conditions for use of our website. To use our website, you must agree with the Terms and Conditions and both meet and comply with their provisions.
Company: Dynamic Rehab
Healthcare - Health Services
The Villages, FL