The Patient Care Coordinator promotes and restores patient's health by developing day to day management and long-term planning of the patient care area; directing and developing staff; collaborating with physicians and multidisciplinary professional staff; providing physical and psychological support for patients and families.
- Provides leadership to the staff and department.
- Assures quality of care by developing and interpreting hospital and nursing standards of care
- Enforce adherence to governing agency regulations
- Maintains staff by interviewing, selecting, orienting and training nurses and auxiliary staff
- Maintains a cooperative relationship among healthcare teams by communicating information, responding to requests, building rapport and participating in team problem solving methods
What sets us apart?
- Most up-to-date advancements in obstetric nursing
- Highly qualified physician and national certified nursing staff
- Participating in a national grant “best-fed beginnings” to improve mother/baby care
- Lactation Specialists availability 24/7
- Network of outpatient clinics
- Specialized women’s health emergency center
Ideal candidates will have excellent communication skills, use sound judgment, be able to resolve conflicts, and have supervisory experience.
- Current RN license
- Three years full time hospital experience
- Two years supervisory experience
- BSN strongly preferred
- National certification in related field is a plus
Owned by the people of Bexar County, University Health System is a nationally recognized academic medical center. In partnership with UT Medicine San Antonio, the practice plan of The University of Texas Health Science Center, it is consistently recognized as a leader in advanced treatment options, new technologies and clinical research.
Just recently, U.S. News & World Report ranked University Hospital as the Best Metro Hospital and Best for nephrology and urology.
Also, University Hospital is the only pediatric trauma center for San Antonio and South Texas. The trauma team at University Hospital is recognized for its expertise in treating serious injuries and burns in children by the American College of Surgeons (ACS). The ACS verified University Hospital as a pediatric trauma center in October 2012, after a lengthy application process and site visit.