Junior Software Developer
Junior Software Developer
The Virtual Heroes Division of Applied Research Associates in Orlando, Florida is looking for dedicated, hard-working software developers with a passion for using modeling and simulation (M&S) techniques to develop state-of-the-art training applications. Ideal candidates will have broad programming
with exposure to multiple programming languages, ideally with experience in C / C++. Experience in the military simulation, training, and gaming domain is a desired, but not required. Ability to serve multiple projects simultaneously with agility, poise, and focus is a must, as are team-based work practices. This is an entry level position for new or recent graduates with 0-3 years of experience after graduation. The position is based in Orlando, FL and will require working with programming teams in Orlando and Raleigh, NC to coordinate development spanning several projects for a variety of customers in the military, health/medical, and education industries.
*Candidates selected will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information*
- A passion for using state-of-the-art M&S techniques to produce simulations of the highest quality.
- Strong C++ programming skills and demonstrated knowledge of good software engineering practices.
- Ability to quickly understand existing code and enhance and build on an existing architecture.
- Strong math skills and solid understanding of algorithm design and optimization.
- Ability to work constructively with other software developers, artists, designers, QA staff, and project leadership.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- BS (or higher) in Computer Science or similar discipline (Physics, Math, engineering, etc.). Equivalent professional experience (6-8 years) will be considered for talented candidates without degree.
- Candidates selected will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
Preference to applicants with one or more of the following:
- Experience with CTIA, MILES, OneTESS, OneSAF, CCTT, or any other military live, virtual, or constructive simulation.
- Experience writing technical design documentation.
- Experience on mobile platform development (e.g., IOS, Android).
- Specialization in one or more of the following areas: UI, Tools Development, Artificial Intelligence, Physics, Graphics, Networking.
- Unreal (2.5 or 3.0) engine programming skills and/or UnrealScript experience.
- Experience developing multiplayer game/training applications.
Additional company information:
The Virtual Heroes Division of Applied Research Associates creates collaborative interactive learning solutions for the healthcare, federal systems, and corporate training markets. Advanced Learning Technologies (ALT) leverage simulation learning and digital games-based learning paradigms to accelerate learning, increase user proficiency, and reduce training costs.
Applied Research Associates, Inc. is an employee-owned international research and engineering company recognized for providing technically superior solutions to complex and challenging problems. The company, founded in Albuquerque, NM, in 1979, currently employs over one thousand professionals and is rapidly growing. Our culture supports our exceptional staff of valued employees and encourages professional growth through continued higher education, participation and publication at technical conferences, and membership in professional organizations. As an ARA employee you are encouraged to generate new ideas and bring those ideas to life. ARA offers competitive salaries and outstanding benefits including stock ownership, medical and dental coverage, long-term disability insurance, life insurance, a 401(k) profit-sharing plan, and annual bonuses. For additional information and an opportunity to join this unique workplace, please visit our website at http://www.ara.com.
Applied Research Associates, Inc. (ARA) is an international research and engineering company recognized for providing technically excellent solutions to complex and challenging problems in the physical sciences. Our mission is to provide in-depth and diversified research, engineering, and technical support services. We have a broad range of technical expertise in defense technologies, civil engineering, computer software and simulation, systems analysis, environmental technologies, and blast testing and measurement. We also provide sophisticated technical products for environmental site characterization, pavement evaluation, and specialized robotic vehicles.
Founded in Albuquerque, New Mexico, in 1979, ARA has grown steadily and now has offices throughout the United States and Canada. With over 1,400 employees, most of whom have advanced degrees in engineering and the physical sciences, we have the breadth to tackle the most challenging technical problems. ARA is an employee-owned company dedicated to producing innovative solutions in a timely and cost effective manner. One of our greater strengths is our ability to recruit and retain renowned experts from diverse technical fields. This keeps us fresh technically and continually broadens the scope of our capabilities.
Not Ready To Apply?