Hyperion Senior Business Analyst
Fantastic Opportunity For A Hyperion Senior Business Analyst!! Join our outstanding team at AMRI, recipient of the 2013 Leadership Award in Quality from "Life Science Leader" magazine! Albany Molecular Research Inc. provides global contract research and manufacturing services to the pharmaceutical and biotechnology industries.
The Hyperion Senior Business Analyst is responsible for working with the AMRI finance business unit to seek opportunities to effectively apply technology to business processes. The Business Analyst will collect, clarify, and translate business requirements into documentation and conceptual design from which solutions are developed. In addition, the Business Analyst will analyze and prioritize business unit needs, and participate with business units in the creation of business cases and business IT roadmaps.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Capture, analyze, and document business and user requirements and translate into system functionality
- Working with business unit leadership, create compelling business cases for new technology initiatives
- Drive improved adoption of implemented technology by creating and monitoring metrics such as user satisfaction, usage, etc
- Identify issues and recommend solutions
- Working with business units, look for opportunities to re-engineer business processes as part of technology implementations
- Maintain updated applications documentation and training material
- Assist in preparation of the testing strategy and test plans; guide user acceptance testing
- Coordinate with the Project Management Office to ensure on-time project completion
- Participate, lead, and/or coordinate end-user training
- Work with development team to ensure end user requirements are met
- Contribute as technical lead on projects of all sizes
- Facilitate meetings
- Exhibit safety awareness and safe work practices
- 3rd level techno/functional systems support
Education and/or Experience
- BS/MS, preferably in a technology or business discipline
- 3 to 6 years progressive business analysis experience
- Experience with Hyperion Planning and Essbase required
- Expertise with Oracle Financials required
- Experience with testing tools and end-user training required
- Experience with Oracle Projects a plus
- Experience with Oracle Purchasing and iProcurement a plus
- Experience with international Oracle e-Business Suite a plus
- Experience with Oracle e-Business Suite R12 upgrades a plus
Skills and Abilities
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to collaborate well with others and reconcile differences among resources/departments
- Excellent written/verbal skills with demonstrated ability to present and articulate compelling proposals to a non-technical audience
- Proactive in learning new skills, applications, methodologies etc
- Focus on problem solving / solution development
- Ability to multitask and take part in multiple initiatives simultaneously
- Effectively manage time and prioritize work with little oversight
- Comfortable taking responsibility as technical lead on projects
- Clear understanding of development life cycle
- Active listener
Albany Molecular Research, Inc. (AMRI) is a global contract research and manufacturing organization with more than twenty years’ experience in providing customers with fully integrated drug discovery, development, and manufacturing partnerships. AMRI builds its expert knowledge and advice into customers’ programs to deliver a complete range of value-added services with more informed decision-making, resulting in enhanced efficiency and more successful outcomes at all stages of the pipeline. AMRI’s smarter options for insourcing and outsourcing support discovery and development of pharmaceutical products, manufacturing of API and drug product for existing and experimental new drugs. With unrivalled project management and locations in the United States, Europe, and Asia, AMRI maintains geographic proximity and seamless delivery across multiple sites.
AMRI has historically leveraged its drug discovery expertise to progress several internal programs to the development candidate stage and, in some cases, into Phase I clinical development. AMRI has successfully partnered certain programs and is actively seeking to out-license its remaining programs to strategic partners for further development.