Senior Internal Auditor
Job Number: 422462Senior Internal AuditorJob Title: Senior Internal AuditorDepartment: FinanceReports To: Director, Internal AuditFLSA Status: ExemptCreation/Review Date: 8.19.2014 POSITION SUMMARY
The Senior Internal Auditor position will be primarily responsible for planning, implementing and reporting of business process reviews/control design assessments, internal audits and SOX compliance. The position will be required to collaborate with or oversee external consultants and/or internal staff. The position will also assist in the Department's annual risk assessment, internal protocols development and budgeting process. The position will report to Internal Audit Director and will interact with various levels of personnel throughout the Company. ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
- Plan, coordinate and implement process design reviews, internal audits and SOX compliance work with minimal supervision. This includes the ability to independently conduct meetings with company personnel, perform process-level risk assessment, document process narratives and flowcharts, identify risks and controls including key controls, prepare audit program, design test of controls, perform or review testing, provide review notes, document results, develop recommendations, consolidate findings, conduct closing meetings and draft audit reports for Director review. Maintain audit department files and repository of audit department findings/recommendation. Plan and perform follow-up reviews.
- Sound understanding of applicable regulations and internal audit standards/guidance (including but not limited to GAAP, SOX, SEC, IIA, COSO, COBIT, etc.). Ability to document and maintain internal audit and SOX procedures.
- Assist in developing and implementing annual risk assessment and internal audit plan.
- Contribute actively to department budgeting and resource planning. Report regularly to the Internal Audit Director on the progress against internal audit department and project plan/ budgets.
- Plan and provide support/documentation for external auditor.
- Assist in the development/update of internal policies and procedures for audit and SOX.
- Provide additional support on special projects and other tasks as needed.
- Take initiative to continuously improve efficiency and effectiveness of department.
To perform this job successfully the candidate must have a solid understanding of risks and controls and should be able develop internal audit project plans and budgets, create internal audit procedures and perform/review internal audit testing with minimal supervision. Must be able to work well in a team environment. Must be able to perform and manage multiple tasks/projects, simultaneously. Must possess strong communication skills - verbal and written - to be able to conduct interviews, articulate ideas and prepare audit reports for senior management. Facilitated workshop skills as well as experience in systems auditing, fraud auditing or telecom experience are a plus. Education
- Four-year Accounting or Finance degree
- Professional designation as a Certified Public Accountant (CPA) or Certified Internal Auditor (CIA) preferred
- Three-five years of internal audit experience at a public accounting firm or in industry
- Strong understanding of risks and controls
- Experience planning and conducting audits
- Strong interpersonal skills to effectively interact with all levels of staff/management
- Effective communicator (oral and written)
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, Visio and PowerPoint; Policy IQ and Microsoft AX knowledge a plus
- Demonstrated aptitude in the effective management of people
With over 20 years of experience in the Chicago metro market, Advanced Resources knows talent, with temporary, temp-to-hire, direct hire and executive search staffing services for Office Support, Accounting/Finance, and Healthcare positions. We not only place talent, we help our clients maximize talent through our proven Workforce Business Solutions.
|For your privacy and protection, when applying to a job online:|
Never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction. Learn More >>
By applying to a job using CareerBuilder.com you are agreeing to comply with and be subject to the CareerBuilder.com Terms and Conditions for use of our website. To use our website, you must agree with the Terms and Conditions and both meet and comply with their provisions.