PRIMARY OBJECTIVE OF POSITION:
To perform required activities within Distribution Center including picking, packing, stocking, loading, unloading, receiving and shipping preparation of products to Retail and direct sale customers.
MAJOR AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY:
1. Completes all required equipment sign out and inspection paperwork.
2. Stocks or picks product based on product label information.
3. Follows Standard Operating Procedure while performing assigned job function.
4. Operates Radio Frequency equipment as required.
5. Operates mobile equipment as required.
6. Maintains work areas in a neat and orderly condition.
7. Works safely and complies with all established safety rules and practices.
8. Keeps supervisor informed of job-related problems and other information related to work activity.
9. Performs related work as apparent or assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• High School education or equivalent.
• Minimum 1 year of experience in related position or field.
• Ability to work a schedule based on the understanding of responsibilities and priorities.
• Ability to accurately read and match numbers.
• Ability to understand and follow verbal and written directions and communicate to personnel.
• Ability to maintain a positive attitude and work in a manner that promotes a safe working environment.
• Ability to contribute to the team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
• Ability to obtain equipment license or power equipment certification as required.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Ability to stand and walk throughout the facility during required length of the shift.
• Frequently required bend, stoop, push and pull objects.
• Regularly required to stand, walk, and reach with hands and arms.
• Specific vision abilities include depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
• Ability to talk and hear.
• Ability to lift up to 70-100 pounds on a continuous basis.
• Ability to work at heights up to 35 feet.
• Ability to operate forklift, motorized pallet jack or other power equipment as necessary.
PERSONAL PROTECTIVE EQUIPMENT REQUIRED:
• Protective hand wear required (gloves issued for individual assignment)
When I graduated from the University of Minnesota-Duluth, I remember being filled with many hopes and dreams. Of course I wanted to be successful, but more importantly, I wanted to feel fulfilled and proud of each of my future endeavors.
In the fall of 1980, I took a risk and realized one of my dreams when I started Northern Tool + Equipment as a part-time mail-order business. Although initially the company was small, I strongly believed in its potential and knew that with perseverance, it would ultimately be successful.
Since that time, Northerns success and growth have been nothing less than remarkable. Year after year, sales from our catalog, Internet and retail stores continue to skyrocket. With an eye to the future, we steadily explore new and exciting territories, planning aggressive expansion into a multitude of new business ventures.
Today, there are more challenging and diverse opportunities available to Northern employees than ever before. Recruiting and developing the best talent in the industry creates a strong team, and we recognize the important role each employee plays in contributing to the success of our company. Ultimately, it is through the personal growth and daily achievements of our employees that the Northern vision will come to life and the company will continue to flourish.
With that in mind, we encourage our over 2000 employees to take risks and think big as they work to accomplish both individual and team goals, and we reward them when they do. After all, I may never have fulfilled my dreams if I hadn't taken a risk in starting Northern more than 30 years ago.
The future holds a wealth of exciting and rewarding possibilities and we invite you to join us in making the most of them. Come grow with us!
Donald L. Kotula
Founder and Chief Executive Officer
Northern Tool + Equipment
|For your privacy and protection, when applying to a job online:|
Never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction. Learn More >>
By applying to a job using CareerBuilder.com you are agreeing to comply with and be subject to the CareerBuilder.com Terms and Conditions for use of our website. To use our website, you must agree with the Terms and Conditions and both meet and comply with their provisions.