The Sales Director is responsible for leadership, management and profitability of an assigned sales region, market or channel within WESCO. This job is responsible for consistently achieving sales and profitability goals through the direction, organization, coordination, communication and development of Field Sales, Inside Sales, and other sales professionals.Postion will be focused on the Oil & Gas Industry, WESCO Infrastructure Project Services and One WESCO sales initiatives.Responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to the following:
• Develop and administer a sales plan that will insure customer satisfaction, assigned quota attainment, good reference accounts, and a highly skilled and motivated staff
• Determine the annual sales and gross profit plan by implementing sales strategies and analyzing trends and results in conjunction with the regional and business unit management team.
• Establish sales objectives by forecasting and developing sales quota.
• Forecast expected sales volume and profit for existing and new product lines and customers
• Insures the establishment and expansion of supplier relationships at the national, regional and local levels
• Maintain sales volume, product mix and selling price by keeping current with market supply and demand, changing trends, economic indicators and competitors
• Coordinate order service by directing Account Representatives and Executives on quotations, proposals, project order management techniques, and customer complaint resolution
• Maintain the sales staff by recruiting, selecting, insuring the orientation and training of employees
• Maintain sales staff results by counseling and disciplining employees, planning, monitoring and appraising job results
• Maintain professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops, reviewing professional publications and participating in professional societies.
• Forecast and communicate intricate details to senior management on a timely basis. Performs other duties as required
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
• Knowledge of business and management principles involved in strategic planning, resource allocation, leadership techniques, and coordination of people and resources
• Ability to present a professional sales approach to helping people achieve personal and positional goals
• Knowledge of principles and processes for providing customer and personal services. This includes customer needs assessment, meeting quality standards for services, and evaluation of customer satisfaction
• Strong verbal, written, analytical, persuasion and interpersonal skills.
• Time management skills
• Excellent communication and computer skills
• Ability to exercise teamwork, leadership and flexibility
• In-depth knowledge of the distribution and high voltage industry, related solutions, services & productsEXPERIENCEMinimum of 5 years of professional sales experience in related industry, including a minimum of three years supervising and managing staff and programs at a national, district or regional level
WESCO International is a leader in industrial supply with an extensive offering of electrical, data communications, general maintenance, repair, and operating (MRO) and electrical OEM products. We are more than just an electrical distributor; we are a company of procurement specialists, helping customers lower supply chain costs, increase efficiency through WESCO Value Creation and save energy with green and sustainability initiatives. Our network of branches delivers industrial supply products fast, and our vast catalog of supplier partners enables WESCO to be your one-stop shop for electrical and MRO products. As a Fortune 500 company, our industrial supply solutions leverage our buying power and extensive procurement experience that leaders across a broad range of industries trust to deliver value, service and results that exceed customer expectations.