Lead Applications Developer
UPS, Inc. | Louisville, KY | Posted 9/11/2014
Lead Applications Developer
Are you looking to launch your Information Technology career? If so, then UPS is the place for you!
UPS is now recognized as a technology company spending more than $1 billion a year on information technology. UPS provides its customers unparalleled capability in tracking and distribution intelligence. This technological infrastructure also enables UPS to provide fully integrated Web-enabled, business-to-business solutions.
UPS Information Services, a leader in information technology, is currently seeking career-minded individuals to join our team. If you are highly motivated with a degree in Computer Science or related discipline, then UPS is a great place for you to advance your career.
The Lead Applications Developer provides leadership in full systems life cycle management (e.g., analyses, technical requirements, design, coding, testing, implementation of systems and applications software, etc.) to ensure delivery is on time and within budget. He/She directs component and data architecture design, technology planning, and testing for Applications Development (AD) initiatives to meet business requirements and ensure compliance. This position develops and leads AD project activities and integrations. He/She guides teams to ensure effective communication and achievement of objectives. This position researches and supports the integration of emerging technologies. He/She provides knowledge and support for applications’ development, integration, and maintenance. This position will lead junior team members with project related activities and tasks. This position guides and influences department and project teams. He/She facilitates collaboration with stakeholders.
Leads System Analysis and Design
- Translates business and functional requirements into technical design to meet stated business needs.
- Develops and designs internal component and adjacent system interfaces to ensure inter-operability.
- Participates in technical architecture definitions to align solutions with business needs.
Leads Design and Development of Applications
- Identifies new areas for process improvements to enhance performance results.
- Delivers application solutions to meet business and non-functional requirements.
- Analyzes, designs, codes, tests, corrects, and documents large and complex programs to ensure optimal performance and compliance.
Defines and Produces Integration Builds
- Leads build processes for target environments to create software.
- Verifies integration test specifications to ensure proper testing.
- Creates integration plans to support systems interface testing.
Monitors Emerging Technology Trends
- Monitors the industry to gain knowledge and understanding of emerging technologies.
- Identifies new and emerging hardware and software technologies and products to maintain industry competitiveness.
- Maintains awareness of emerging technology to ensure applicability for the assigned application area.
Leads Maintenance and Support
- Drives problem resolution to identify, recommend, and implement process improvements.
- Monitors and records application defects to ensure systems integrity.
- Coordinates efforts across interfacing systems and service providers to resolve system issues.
- Drives business continuity and disaster recovery design and planning activities to establish agreed upon requirements.
Leads Other Team Members
- Provides input to people processes (e.g., Quality Performance Review [QPR], Career Development, Training, Staffing, etc.) to provide detailed performance level information to managers.
- Contributes to performance evaluations, including performance improvement plans, to encourage continuous performance improvement.
- Holds team members responsible for meeting established performance levels to achieve individual and group goals.
Primary Skill: .NET Windows Forms Programming
SQL Language - Intermediate
XML - Intermediate
Active Server Pages - Intermediate
Object Oriented Analysis & Design - Advanced
C# .NET - Advanced
MQ - Intermediate
.NET Environment - Advanced
.NET Windows Forms Programming - Advanced
C++ - Intermediate
Visual Studio 2005 for .NET Developers - Intermediate
Visual Basic .NET - Advanced
Visual Basic 6 - Intermediate
The desired Lead Applications Developer will possess a degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Mathematics, Statistics or related field or the equivalent in education and work experience.
Not ready to apply?
Living your dreams makes the world work better.
Making the world work better. Faster. Smarter. As the leading package delivery company and global leader in supply chain solutions, we’re passionate about bringing better ways to orchestrate everything from complex international distribution networks to local business deliveries. That’s logistics. And that’s exactly what careers at UPS are all about.
Across the skies, oceans and borders, UPS team members deliver on that promise for billions of customers every day. We offer limitless opportunities in a huge range of career areas, so you’re sure to find roles that suit your dreams and your expertise, along with a lifetime of possibilities.
|For your privacy and protection, when applying to a job online:|
Never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction. Learn More >>
By applying to a job using CareerBuilder.com you are agreeing to comply with and be subject to the CareerBuilder.com Terms and Conditions for use of our website. To use our website, you must agree with the Terms and Conditions and both meet and comply with their provisions.