For nurses who prefer to blaze their own career path.
Nursing careers at UnitedHealth Group are anything but ordinary. There’s an energy and excitement here, a shared mission to improve the lives of others as well as our own. A passion for excellence you won’t find anywhere else. We ask tough questions. We push ourselves and each other to find smarter solutions. The result is a culture of performance that’s driving the health care industry forward. Nursing here isn’t for everybody. Instead of seeing a handful of patients each day, your work may affect millions for years to come. Ready for a new path? Learn more, and start doing your life’s best work.SM
Home Visit Physician in Phoenix area with Optum
The Community Physician is responsible, as part of the clinical management team, for the overall medical management process. An advocate for the patients, the Physician will provide clinical management and oversight for the patients assigned. The Physician will communicate and manage the patient across all levels of care to include family and caregivers. The Physician will ensure that timely, patient-centered, appropriate evidence-based medicine is provided.
Location: We will consider candidates throughout the greater Phoenix area. The selected candidate will be assigned a territory that is generally in close proximity to their place of residence.
- Provide clinical advisement to Nurse Practitioners.
- Assist with documentation as required, including signing home health orders.
- The Physician will be responsible for clinical management of the assigned patient population in collaboration with the care management team and/or community based physicians/providers
- This position is accountable for identifying and developing innovative actions or plans of care to meet the needs of patients from both the medical care and psychosocial / socioeconomic dimensions as well as taking action for provision of services to meet the patient needs
- The Physician will be responsible as part of the Clinical care team for physical assessments, risk management plan development, maintenance care, acute interventions within scope, documentation and patient education.
- The Physician will ensure that all pertinent and active medical conditions are documented in the medical record in a manner compliant with CMS, State law, and Health plan requirements
- As part of our on call team, the Physician will participate in a call rotation.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Active and unrestricted medical license in State of Arizona required.
- Board Certified in Internal Medicine, Geriatrics or Family Medicine.
- Active and unrestricted DEA.
- Geriatric and Adult experience required.
- 1-2 years' experience a plus, but new physicians will be considered.
- Chronic disease management experience.
- Superior reasoning, planning, organizational, and time management skills.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Computer proficiency. Prior EMR experience preferred.
Optum helps nearly 60 million Americans live their lives to the fullest by educating them about their symptoms, conditions and treatments; helping them to navigate the system, finance their health care needs and stay on track with their health goals. No other business touches so many lives in such a positive way. And we do it all with every action focused on our shared values of Integrity, Compassion, Relationships, Innovation & Performance.
At Optum, you will perform within an innovative culture that's focused on transformational change in the health care system. You will leverage your skills across a diverse and multi-faceted business. And you will make contributions that will have an impact that's greater than you've ever imagined.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: equal opportunity employer M/F/D/V
Optum is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment. In addition, employees in certain positions are subject to random drug testing.
|For your privacy and protection, when applying to a job online:|
Never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction. Learn More >>
By applying to a job using CareerBuilder.com you are agreeing to comply with and be subject to the CareerBuilder.com Terms and Conditions for use of our website. To use our website, you must agree with the Terms and Conditions and both meet and comply with their provisions.
Job Category: Nurse
Job Reference Code: UHG-555362
Position Type: Full-Time