Nashville, Tenn.-based Bridgestone Americas, Inc. is the U.S. subsidiary of Bridgestone Corporation, the world’s largest tire and rubber company.
Bridgestone Americas and its subsidiaries develop, manufacture and market a wide range of Bridgestone, Firestone and associate brand tires to address the needs of a broad range of customers, including consumers, automotive and commercial vehicle original equipment manufacturers, and those in the agricultural, forestry and mining industries.
The companies are also engaged in retreading operations throughout the Western Hemisphere and produce air springs, roofing materials, and industrial fibers and textiles. The Bridgestone Americas family of companies also operates the world’s largest chain of automotive tire and service centers.
Guided by its One Team, One Planet message, the company is dedicated to achieving a positive environmental impact in all of the communities it calls home.
Are you a talented software engineer with a love for solving complex problems and bringing ideas to life?Do you work best with a team of talented, individuals who, like you, strive to create innovative solutions that are thoughtful, useful and efficient? Are you a constant learner and approach problem solving with that perfect blend of past experience and connected knowledge to current and emerging technologies and best practices? Are you a proactive thinker who anticipates potential challenges and actively presents solutions. Do you pride yourself on delivering solutions that are clear, efficient, and consistent, inspiring this level of quality for the rest of the team? If so then check out this role! It could be right for you!!
As a Senior Software Developer, you will be responsible for the development of new features and capabilities for Entirenet, a secure web application that serves thousands of Bridgestone tire dealers and partners. Entirenet is dedicated to providing our dealers and partners the unique tools that make doing business with Bridgestone easy, fast and reliable. A few of Entirenet’s key capabilities include the ability to order products, check shipping and delivery status, access billing history, and submit warranty information.
If you’re highly-motivated, collaborative and interested in joining a talented team devoted to taking Bridgestone’s Ecommerce capabilities to the next level, we’d like to hear from you.
• Evaluate and propose development strategies for applications based on organizational goals
• Work effectively in an Agile environment
• Verify & maintain development standards and application quality
• Other duties as assigned
- 8+ years experience developing web-based, service oriented, commerce applications
Learn More about Bridgestone Americas, Inc.
• Working knowledge of version control solutions such as ClearCase and Subversion
• Well-versed in application servers such as WebSphere and JBoss EAP
• Experience leading code review efforts, performance tuning and monitoring
• Requirement gathering and documentation
• Experience in leading a JAVA development team of various skill and experience levels
• Bachelor’s Degree in computer science or related field preferred, or equivalent work experience
• ECommerce platform expertise such as ATG Commerce, WebSphere Commerce and Hybris
• Web Analytics Frameworks
• Experience developing caching layers using distributed caching solutions such as Memcache and Redis
• Experience with continuous integration tools such as Maven and Jenkins
Visit Our Website
|For your privacy and protection, when applying to a job online:|
Never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction. Learn More >>
By applying to a job using CareerBuilder.com you are agreeing to comply with and be subject to the CareerBuilder.com Terms and Conditions for use of our website. To use our website, you must agree with the Terms and Conditions and both meet and comply with their provisions.