Financial Operations Associate
The associate will be responsible for various payroll functions across several state programs. A successful candidate will acquire in-depth knowledge of the payroll application and be able to trouble shoot issues to produce an accurate timely payroll meeting the client's requirements. Candidate must be able to work under deadline pressure, thrive on change and challenge and be process improvement minded.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: (Other duties may be assigned as appropriate and necessary). The requirements listed below are ranked in order of importance and are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or abilities required to do the job successfully.
Process Payroll and Accounts Payable Transactions
• Enter agency invoice information into automated financial management system
• Reconcile and troubleshoot timesheets and transaction reports
• Enter and maintain participant budget information and verify invoices received are budget-authorized
• Monitor accuracy/timeliness of payment processing
• Printing of paper checks and direct deposit batches
• Quality control of payroll batches to verify proper tax calculations
Perform support ticket transaction resolution tasks
• Create support tickets in Portal to appropriate department for problem resolution
• Respond to assigned incoming support tickets in Portal within contract
• Process reports intended for consumers, providers, support brokers
• Prepare New Hire Reports and Criminal Background checks as applicable
• Coordinate procurement and administration of workers compensation and unemployment insurance
• Work within team environment to find improvements to existing processes
• Special Projects as assigned
EDUCATION and/or PREVIOUS EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
Education: College degree preferred
Experience: 1+ years finance experience required, preferably in an automated system environment.
Skills: Process improvement oriented
Excellent accuracy, attention to detail and multi tasking capability
Ability to work independently and as part of a team in a fast paced environment with multiple deadlines
Knowledge of MS Windows, Excel and Word preferred
Public Consulting Group LLC is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with a disability.
Public Consulting Group (PCG) provides industry-leading management consulting and technology to help public sector education, health, human services, and other government clients achieve their performance goals and better serve populations in need. Founded in 1986 and headquartered in Boston, Massachusetts, Public Consulting Group (PCG) has more than 1,100 professionals in 44 offices around the U.S., in Canada, and in Europe who are dedicated to delivering leading consulting approaches and technologies to public sector clients.
Not Ready To Apply?