Nashville, Tenn.-based Bridgestone Americas, Inc. is the U.S. subsidiary of Bridgestone Corporation, the world’s largest tire and rubber company.
Bridgestone Americas and its subsidiaries develop, manufacture and market a wide range of Bridgestone, Firestone and associate brand tires to address the needs of a broad range of customers, including consumers, automotive and commercial vehicle original equipment manufacturers, and those in the agricultural, forestry and mining industries.
The companies are also engaged in retreading operations throughout the Western Hemisphere and produce air springs, roofing materials, and industrial fibers and textiles. The Bridgestone Americas family of companies also operates the world’s largest chain of automotive tire and service centers.
Guided by its One Team, One Planet message, the company is dedicated to achieving a positive environmental impact in all of the communities it calls home.
The Project Portfolio Manager (PPM) is responsible for leading, planning and implementing the use of technology to support the business unit’s current and strategic objectives. This position is accountable for delivering all projects, within a portfolio, on schedule, within budget, and with customers’ expected deliverables deployed. The PPM will oversee the acquisition of resources to manage the projects within their portfolio and will provide coaching and mentoring to their project managers and project team members to adherence to standards, best practices & internal controls. The successful candidate will be able to work under minimal supervision as well as within a team environment.
- Manages & audits Project Managers to ensure on-time, on-budget delivery of projects
• Audits performance of the portfolio, project plans, project artifacts, project teams, project collaboration sites (i.e. schedule, costs, risks, issues, decisions) & project financials/forecasts
• Ability to coach and mentor Project Managers to ensure clarity/understanding of project scope, deliverables, schedule, and budget; ability to hold team accountable for providing deliverables on time, on budget with Customer’s expectations met.
• Is accountable for portfolio financials (invoices, PRs, etc.) & project contracts (NDA, MSA, PSA, SOW’s)
• Primary communication conduit & interacts effectively with team members and stakeholders of diverse backgrounds to gain their trust and respect. Ability to curtail and resolve conflicts as they arise
• Responsible for communicating all portfolio & project status reporting to all stakeholders (Executives, Sponsors, Management, Project Team Members, Customers)
• Works with the business relationship manager & project manager to ensure communications to sponsor, steering committee, and other project stakeholders are effective
• Acts as the escalation point of contact for all issues within the assigned portfolio
• Ability to audit performance of Project Managers and resolve performance issues
• Responsible for understanding & educating Project Managers and project teams on Bridgestone’s internal project management & SDLC processes & controls
• Responsible for managing key relationships with Business SME’s working on project teams
• Responsible for managing relationships with Finance, Legal, Purchasing, Vendor Management, 3rd Party Service Providers, IT Delivery & IT Support Managers
- In-depth knowledge of PMI and SDLC methodologies
Learn More about Bridgestone Americas, Inc.
• Ability to develop top down and bottom up work breakdown structure (WBS)
• Ability to manage risk registers and mitigation plans
• Ability to develop & manage project plans
Visit Our Website
|For your privacy and protection, when applying to a job online:|
Never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction. Learn More >>
By applying to a job using CareerBuilder.com you are agreeing to comply with and be subject to the CareerBuilder.com Terms and Conditions for use of our website. To use our website, you must agree with the Terms and Conditions and both meet and comply with their provisions.