Global Category Manager - Wood
- Act as global supply management leader for assigned categories. Initiates supplier identification, assessment, selection, and development processes. Develops and executes category sourcing strategies to meet customer and business unit objectives.
- Lead cross functional team and manage supply chain to goals for total cost, quality, service and working capital (DPO/inventory)
- Lead all commercial negotiations with category supply partners.
- Proactively manage supplier base ensuring supply with no adverse impact on the business. Analyzes supply chain risks and develops contingency plans to mitigate risks.
- Utilize formal benchmarking methods to determine best in class processes and drive improvement. Remains on the forefront of emerging industry practices
- Measure and track supply performance within spend category. Resolves and/or escalates issues in a timely fashion
- Effectively communicate with appropriate management levels both internally and externally.
- Project scoping – Assesses the scope of cost reduction projects, the resources required, the savings potential, the risks and assumptions and the implementation plan.
- Project management – Leads, guides and coaches cross-functional team members through the implementation of global cost reduction projects. Prepares and communicates material for project gate review sign-off meetings
- Conduct business dealings with the highest level of integrity and regard for legal and environmental issues.
- Identifies opportunities for improvement and makes constructive suggestions for change.
- BA/BS Required. MBA or Master’s Degree in a related field preferred.
- 5 - 7 year’s minimum of Category / Commodity Management experience in a manufacturing company.
- Preferred category concentration in wood within the following sub-categories:
- Millwork products (finger-jointed moldings)
- Composite boards (MDF / particleboard / hardboard)
- Veneers and veneered components
- Finished stile & rail wood doors
- Engineered components (LVL / PSL / LSL)
- Log and lumber products
- Participates with senior managers to establish strategic plans and objectives.
- Select, evaluate, and develop category plan objectives in areas of cost, quality, flexibility, and service with guidance and assistance.
- Execute prioritized tasks consistent with achieving overall supply chain organizational goals.
- Implement sourcing decisions based on guidance and team consensus to category plan.
- Assess, define and resolve supply chain and procurement issues.
- Apply root cause analysis and derive corrective actions, and assess adequacy of the analyses and plans proposed by suppliers managed.
- Apply appropriate competitive cost benchmarks, financial analysis and risk management techniques to solve issues.
- Able to influence peers and internal customers to achieve mutually beneficial solutions.
- Understands and demonstrates basic project management skills.
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects at the same time, and to close projects on time.
- Effectively manage relationships and peer deliverables to successful project completion.
- Effective communicator, including oral, written and presentation preparation
- Interacts primarily with peer associates and functional peer groups.
- Interaction requires the ability to gain cooperation of others, communicating commercial information concerning specific projects or schedules.
- Routine interaction with managers, directors or VP levels of suppliers managed.
- Builds deep industry relationships and category subject matter expertise.
- Performs market and cost analysis.
- Issues RFIs/RFQs/RFPs.
- Develops negotiation plan with some supervision.
- Conducts negotiation within approved negotiation parameters and authority.
- Documents commercial terms and drafts contract agreements and amendments.
- Ability to modify work schedules and practices to meet job requirements; requires overnight and international travel.
- Strong Word, Excel, Access, Project and PowerPoint skills.
- Six Sigma training and /Greenbelt certification a definite plus
- Foreign language skills a plus, especially Mandarin, Spanish, Portuguese, German or French
- Project manager certification a plus.
Today, Masonite embraces the spirit of our founder, William H. Mason. His ideas and inventions were the building blocks of numerous revolutionary building materials.
In 1924, William H. Mason, a researcher, engineer and inventor, made a revolutionary discovery. He changed the way wood was used to form more effective building materials. This paved the way for a succession of new building products for the home.
Over eighty years later, we still embrace that innovative spirit. We are constantly looking for new processes, technologies, materials and designs – always with an eye on producing doors that are stylish, functional and durable. Doors that are guaranteed to make your home more beautiful.
Our continued leadership, our innovative spirit and our superior products have earned us a reputation unsurpassed in the industry. Of that, we are extremely proud.